Impulse for recurring payments

Hi There,

Just to ensure that I am on the right track: Is it the plugin sending out an impulse to the bank or is it paypal/stripe taking care of recurring payments?

I curious as I am on the hunt for a substitute for paypal as they do not accept recurring payments here in Germany.

Thanks
Tee

• Tee

(1) Well, to my understanding there are payment services who are taking care themselves about payments. The plugin is 'telling' them: as long as your client does not cancel the subscription pa me monthly, quarterly or what ever. To my understanding PayPal works like this.

(2) Then - at least here in Germany - there are payment services where the plugin each time has to give the impulse for the recurring payment sending out a payment request to the bank. (This would by the way would be a pretty cool option for Pro Sites as it would make us independent from the subscription service of payPal, which is not offered in Germany).

(3) And Third, the Pro Sites plugin could remind the client directly to pay again (maybe sending out an invoice). Not so nice as the second option, but an interesting workaround.

To my understanding Pro Sites is only doing (1)?

Thanks
    Tee

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello Tee,

Sorry for the delay.

(1) Well, to my understanding there are payment services who are taking care themselves about payments. The plugin is 'telling' them: as long as your client does not cancel the subscription pa me monthly, quarterly or what ever. To my understanding PayPal works like this.

Yes, If the user authorizes recurring payments, that's how it works. Here are Dev, we use that feature at billing.

(2) Then - at least here in Germany - there are payment services where the plugin each time has to give the impulse for the recurring payment sending out a payment request to the bank. (This would by the way would be a pretty cool option for Pro Sites as it would make us independent from the subscription service of payPal, which is not offered in Germany).

Impluse to bank isn't available, but ProSites have Stripes as well as a gateway. Stripe can handle payments to bank, but its only in the US at the moment.

(3) And Third, the Pro Sites plugin could remind the client directly to pay again (maybe sending out an invoice). Not so nice as the second option, but an interesting workaround.

Our Membership plugin does this, but since Paypal and Strip takes care of recurring billing this feature wasn't that important I hope.

Like you said, only [1] is supported at the moment.

• Tee

Yes Arun.

But even better would be a gateway for a German payment service :slight_smile:. As I understand that the demand for this market is not big enough for you to develop, I would appreciate a plugin which is sending out and manage reminder/invoices directly to clients before the last payment period is ending.

Bests
    Tee

PS: Here is a related threat: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/solution-for-the-german-market :slight_smile:

• Aaron

As you said we rely on the payment processors to initiate future payments. It's how pretty much any recurring billing gateway api works. And better as there really is no reliable scheduling built into WP.

You can code a gateway that works with a German gateway, or do a one time payment type gateway which pro sites will easily handle. When their paid for time is expired it will take them back to the checkout page. It would be fairly easy to schedule emails when expirys are approaching as well.

Good luck!

Note one-time payments added to the paypal gateway are a big request, we plan to add that eventually.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.