In a Course press setup and roles

Do I understand CoursePress right at if an user is an student he will be an "Subscriber (slug: 'subscriber')" in WP roles?

But what are an Instructor, also an Subscriber?

Could it be possible to make an Instructor to an Editor (slug: 'editor')?

Anyways we need to remove the roles that are not needed. Like the:
Author (slug: 'author')
Contributor (slug: 'contributor')

• Rupok

Hi morfjord,

Do I understand CoursePress right at if an user is an student he will be an "Subscriber (slug: 'subscriber':wink:" in WP roles?

Actually it depends on what's set on your "Dashboard > Settings > General" section. If you set "Editor" as "New User Default Role", then when someone registers as a student, will be assigned "Editor" role by default. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

But what are an Instructor, also an Subscriber?

It totally depends on whom you are assigning as an Instructor. If you assign a user having "Editor" role as Instructor, then he will have capabilities as an Editor. There is no default role which will be automatically assigned when you assign someone as Instructor until I'm missing something.

Could it be possible to make an Instructor to an Editor (slug: 'editor':wink:?

Yes, just create a WordPress user and assign him "Editor" role. Then add him as an Instructor on your courses. That will do this if I understood your query right.

Anyways we need to remove the roles that are not needed

You can do it manually or with the help of a plugin. If you want to do this manually, you can check this blog article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-delete-user-roles/
    If you want to do this with a plugin, you can use User Role Editor plugin. With this plugin, you can add/edit/delete user roles with a few clicks.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi morfjord,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I understand the default behavior for an student.
    But what about setting default behavior for Instructor? To change an Instructor to an Editor manually is time consuming.

There isn't any separate ways to signup through CoursePress Pro plugin as Instructors. Once a user signs ups, or a new user is created through the dashboard by the admin, the user is assigned by the admin as an instructor, under CoursePress Pro > Instructors , and there isn't any other way to assign a user as instructor. By default the user who signups through the signup form, will be treated as a student.

CoursePress give the option to change the capabilities of the instructor, under CoursePress Pro > Settings > Instructor capabilities , this will assign the instructors additional capabilities within CoursePress Pro plugin. Once you change the capabilities, the instructors added through the backend will have these capabilities.

Other than that, you'll have to create custom roles using the User Role Editor plugin, and assign these roles if you are looking for more capabilities.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.