In last few days visitors of my blog which is domain mapped

Hi guys,

In last few days visitors of my blog which is domain mapped says that loading time is huuge, and sometimes i myself can see that loading, like there is some kind of loop error it's loading, loading for a few times and then after some times open the blog somehow.

Other blogs without domain mapping works just fine on multisite network. Wondering what could be the problem..

• Michelle Shull

Hey Eldin!

Let's see if we can find some specific errors to address here. I've got some tests and tricks for you to help us narrow down what's causing the slow down.

1. Have you run any page speed tests, like YSlow? These speed tests aren't the be-all-end-all of troubleshooting, but sometimes they can find a pesky script or resource that isn't resolving.
    2. Let's look for specific script errors. Go to your subsite with the loading issues, wait for it to resolve, and right click anywhere on the page (in Chrome). Choose "inspect element." This will bring up a dev console, and the bottom pane will list any script errors it's encountering.
    3. Let's then check in with WP_DEBUG. (Guide: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/)

Let me know what these tests reveal, and we'll track down why the site is being so sllllloooooowwww. :slight_smile:

Take care, Eldin!

• Voxxyz

Hi @Michelle and thaks for quick reply. My site is not that slooowwww but sometimes it can't be loaded from first click or CTRL+F5 buttons.

However, i did manage to tested with all those fancy things and only Inspecting gave me results. I found out error which is in custom made network wide css which i was recently implemented and I think @Aristath gave me it. But... i don't think that causes the problem, im pretty sure, domain mapping is the plugin which sometimes get's bugged up.

In domain mapping there is a link "valid" and "invalid" for domains that are mapped. Currently got only 3 of them and they are all valid (works fine). One of those mapped domains is my blog which causes the problem, and when i click on that "valid" link to reload it again, my site refreshes itself and came to normal.

• Voxxyz

A minut ago wanted to open new thread but found this one.

Domain mapping still problem. I've tried all these things @Michelle told me to do, and nothing, except Debugging which i didn't try because my site is live (Don’t forget that WP_DEBUG is for local development use and should not be used on live sites. - https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/debugging-wordpress-how-to-use-wp_debug/ )

However, problem still exist. Mapped domain soo slow, some of my user are saying they are waiting for more than a minute for blog to be opened.

When i turn off domain mapping everything works normaly.

I've also tried with @Patrick on live chat to remove small php file for AddThis sharing buttons which is placed in mu-plugins and he causes few problems, but still nothing, opening slow and loading a ton of times.

Sometimes when users come to my blog (which is domain mapped) they are complaining that they have to log in again for commeting.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull

Hey Eldin!

Have you tried turning Verify DNS Setting set to off, as my colleague Tyler describes here. The rest of that thread has some great info as well, the member there was able to come up with some creative fixes.

Next, if you ever need to use WP_DEBUG, but don't want members to see your messages, you can have them write to a log file, instead. Use this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

This will create a logfile in your wp-content folder, without displaying the errors on the front end. Just a handy trick for the future!

Thanks, Eldin!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.