In multisite, how can I isolate my author's comments so they only see their own instead of the

In multisite, using EasyBlogging…

How can I isolate my author’s comments so they only see their own instead of the whole network’s? There must be a way…

Thanks!

– Geoff Stephen

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @geoff_stephen

Welcome to the forums!

You’re quite right… there must be a way :slight_smile:

I’m not quite sure how to do it though, so I’ll ping the plugin developer to see if he has any insight into this.

This may take a bit more time than other support tickets, as our dev team is hard at work on some new goodies for all :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• geoff_stephen
    • New Recruit

I found this and it seems to work okay:

if (!current_user_can('edit_others_posts')) {
    function author_posts_comments_only($query) {
    global $current_user;

$query->query_vars['post_author'] = $current_user->ID;
    }

add_action('pre_get_comments', 'author_posts_comments_only');
    }

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Indeed, that will work – I have actually been working on an add-on for the new Easy Blogging release that does something similar to this. There are also a few other points to consider, e.g. comment counts (in the “Right Now” dashboard widget and also in the menu) which use different procedures for comments fetching.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Based on our discussion here, the latest plugin release (3.2.4, just released) comes with a “Author Comments scope” add-on. This add-on will limit the access to comments to only the posts your users own, for non-admin users. The add-on will also take care of comment counts display.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.