In multistore setup how to restrict store admin access....

In multistore setup how to restrict store admin access.... Is it possible that store admins can only access products and orders?

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Kahif:

According to WordPress, this is what the three roles under admin can do:

Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.

Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.

Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.

On one of my sites, I use the following plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/members/

It will allow you to create the role you need to get the restrictions you want.

Faydra...

• Kashif
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks PC,

I'll defiantly try this, hope it'll work.

Can I also restrict there access to some categories.
    for example I have a category "Featured", is it possible that only Super Admin can add products from network to this category, and other users can not select this category.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

PC and Kahif:

I had the Admin Menu Editor, as well, on that same site, and it wouldn't do the things I needed done until I upgraded and paid for the Pro version.

Then after a year, it deactivated itself and left me a message saying, "Go pay again and you'll get your access back."

I didn't recall anything saying it was a yearly fee. I could have overlooked it, but I thought it was a one-time fee.

Anyway, it worked well once I paid for the Pro version, but I decided not to re-up, because I knew I didn't want to pay for it every year.

Faydra...

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Can I also restrict there access to some categories.
    for example I have a category "Featured", is it possible that only Super Admin can add products from network to this category, and other users can not select this category.

Not at the moment, no.

The suggestion by Faydra is good. User role based restriction would be good too. But then you would need to change the subsite admin role as well.

If you simply want to hide everything else, block the backend access and use something like : http://mp-frontend.info/

That would put your MarketPress products etc on the frontend :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.