In Post Ad connect category feature note working

Category connectors don't populate in the settings list. See screenshot.

I spoke with Patrick Cohen about this issue earlier, but we were disconnected.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Preston Zeller,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please try whether the following attached patch resolves the issue in your side. You’ll have to replace the file under:

/wp-content/plugins/custom-ads/lib/class_wdca_admin_form_renderer.php

Please make sure to take the backup of the file before making any edits, and let us know how that goes. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Preston Zeller,

We updated the plugin, but now the ads are no longer appearing in our posts.

That’s odd behaviour. I can confirm the posts are showing when tested in my test server with the above-shared patch.

Could I know whether there were any changes made in the plugin settings after the patch was applied? The plugin settings do look fine when I check via the dashboard.

Since you did confirm the plugin used to work fine before. Is it possible for you to temporarily deactivate all the plugins except WPMU DEV Dashboard, and In Post Ads plugins, just to ensure there aren’t any conflicts?

It looks like a live site, so wasn’t sure whether you would be comfortable with us running such tests. If you think it isn’t possible to run such a test, is it possible to set up a staging website? Asking your hosting provider should help in setting up a staging site easily.

Please do let us know how that goes so that we could have a better idea regarding this, and check what could be done further in getting this work.

Regards,

Nithin

• Preston Zeller
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for the reply. I was able to resolve the issue. The problem is in the settings. Helper text indicates that if no categories are selected, then any ad can appear on any post. That isn’t the case. I had to manually assign ad categories to post categories in order for them to appear.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.