In Post Ads Ignore ---more link---

In Post Ads are ignoring my post ---more link--- and therefore show up in excerpts where they are unwanted.
Perhaps there is a setting I'm over looking. Thanks.

• John
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

*Note:
    I currently have ads set to "Inject first Ad after this many paragraphs" > 5
    I have also tried "After last paragraph:" w/ "Ignore Injection Settings"
    Style Inclusion Type is set to "Dynamic" - However, I have not been able to find any documentation on what this means. Normal seems to disallow my ads from displaying.
    I am using GoogleAdSense script for their Responsive Ads.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there John,

I hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Can you please provide us with support access into the site that you deal this issue? This way we could inspect your exact settings in order to try to replicate this in our testing installations and find out any common misbehaviours or/and inspect for any errors in your installation. You can find detailed information of how to do so in https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there John,

I hope that you're doing good today and thanks for granting us with support access! :slight_smile:

So, your expectation is that ads should not show in excerpts if they are below the ---read more--- line?

I just inspected your website and I don't think that I clearly follow-up here. I can see in blog listing a post e.g. "2016 Fishing Teaser" with the appropriate "Continue reading ->" link without any ads like the rest of the posts there, and in the single view I can see the rest of the content and the Google Ad right below that.
    Do you need to show these ads in blog listings too? But not all of them, using the more tag? Please advise! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• John
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris,

I am looking specifically at the home page which lists posts along the right. Content on those posts below the --Read More-- tag does not show on the home page, however, ads placed do show.

I would expect ads that are set to inject into posts after the --Read More-- would not show in the excerpts displayed on the home page.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi John,

Could you try adding below CSS snippet to your site, it will hide ads only from your widget areas and will not affect the ones shown in content itself:

.widget_twentyfourteen_ephemera .entry-content div[id$="_ads_root"] {
        display: none;
    }

You can use plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.