IN-Post Ads Not consistently showing up

Hi,

I am trying to use In-Post Ads so that a blog post about “weight-loss” will pull ads on that topic and inject them at the beginning, middle, and end of the associated blog post.

However, when I try using the plugin, here is my result: http://screencast.com/t/SI0nN3cpU0g

Does anyone know why I would be getting inconsistent results like this?

Thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there Dave, I hope you’re well today!

Do you have any other ad-related plugins installed on your site?

Can you please try deactivating all other plugins to check if this is a conflict of some sort?

If this is not a conflict then could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?

To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the “Grant access” button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,

Ari.

• Dave
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey everyone,

So I tried disabling plugins and found one conflict, but it wasn’t enough to fix the problem. You can see here: http://screencast.com/t/xZSev4ad45V that the In-Post Ads still aren’t showing up 3x in each post as intended.

I have granted you support access to my Multisite. This particular site is called “Test MYBW”. Please let me know what you find so that I can implement it on my actual production site.

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there Dave,

Very sorry for the delay here. Ari is no longer working with us. I’m just catching up on some past posts.

Were you able to get this sorted or are you still having issues with it? if so, then just grant access and we’ll take another look :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard – WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,

Tyler

• Dave
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @tyler

No, I never did get it to work and had sort of given up actually – thanks for the follow-up!

Right now I am hard-coding all my ads directly into my posts/pages, which makes it VERY difficult to change those ads. I’d love to be able use In-Post Ads to centralize all of my ads, but I just can’t get them to show up consistently in the right spots.

I have granted access. Again, please use the “TEST MYBW” site (it’s just for testing so don’t worry about “breaking” anything)

Thanks again!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dave,

Sorry again for the long delay. I think I may know the issue here though. It places the adds based on your paragraphs, and to find the paragraphs it looks for the p tags:

<p></p>

You will want to manually wrap the content in paragraph tags to position the ads properly. If it doesn’t find enough paragraph tags, then it won’t display the ad. Think that might be the issue here?

Hope you’re having an awesome weekend!

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.