In the classified ad plugin where do I select the fields to display?

Hello!
On our site we are providing a means for placing a classified ad. They may provide a image/or no image and some text to explain their content. In the classified plugin where do we select what fields for the person to fill out? I find that the content field with the editor and all the options is not really necessary as the excerpt field really meets the basic requirement for this purpose.

How and where may I make these necessary changes?

Thank you.
Doug

• Ash

Hello @Huckleberry Press

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

First of all, in classified plugin the image is mandatory, so always the users need to attach an image.

And you can not skip the content here. As this is wordpress custom post type, so to save the data in db as custom post type, it needs to meet some basic requirement such as title, content etc. Well, from backend, you may skip the content, but for third party plugin it may break the process.

Which fields you want to skip to be filled out? Only the content part? Also are you using front end editor?

Cheers
    Ash

• Huckleberry Press

Hi

I thought I saw a box for the image being optional in the settings under classifieds. I have run a few test ads without the image and they appear to working okay. Or am I missing something here? No where in the documentation have I seen an imagine needs to be included, only seen the check box option.

The content field with the long edit features to post a simple classified ad looked a bit overcoming for the simple based wishing to place an ad.

To accomplish some simplicity I went into Custompress>Post Type>Classifieds and selected edit>supports>then unchecked the box for editor.

I hope this won't case information generation for the person placing an ad. At this point it appears to be working fine.

Is this going to create issues for me?

Thank you
    Doug

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.