Membership: inactive users and auto subscription

Hello,

Either I'm blind or really bad at finding answers in regards to my following questions / issues..

Firstly how come once a user signsup the new account is set to inactive? I'm doing my testing done before I live my site etc.. once I create a new user account, I don't get an email asking me to activate my account or anything? Is that correct?

Secondly I'm using the test (paypal sandbox) option and once I click 'subscribe' for a subscription with a new (non-admin) account and have paid via paypal sandbox it redirects me back to the site to the 'thank you message etc' but I notice in the URL it says pending.. it's not automatically upgraded? Or should I say the account hasn't been given the subscription. I don't want to have to go in manually and add a subscription for everyone that pays haha not as some of my future projects grow, that would be way to much work..

I'm thinking an account has to be active before a subscription can be applied to it? Even so the subscription doesn't seem to be automatically adding to the accounts?

*pulling out hair here, thankfully I'm young and have heaps to loose* :p

Cheers,
Daniel

• Jack
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Daniel,
    I was able to get users to at least be active by checking "Enable incomplete signup accounts" on the options page. I'm using a free trial so I also assigned that subscription for the "Use subscription" on the same page.
    Jack

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Daniel @toggleway

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

Please confirm whether you have the option 'Enable incomplete signup accounts' checked on the MarketPress options page. As Jack pointed out, that might resolve the issue with your inactive users.

Before flagging the Developer on your PayPal issue, I just want to confirm whether you've read through the entire Membership PDF Manual. You can also find it on the Membership Plugin Installation and Use Instructions Page.

Also, Daniel, just to make sure there are no other plugins interfering with the Membership Plugin, please deactivate all other plugins and check if the problem still persist after doing this action. Also, please let me know what theme you're currently using.

I look forward to receive your feedback and getting these problems resolved for you!

Have a good day!

Gina

• toggleway
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @Jack and @GinaB,

Thank you for all your input.

Enable incomplete signup accounts works great, I just hope bots don't spam me to often. =) Suppose a word generator will help with that 1+1= ... etc

Now my accounts go to active and the other issue with PayPal making the account having a subscription is solved.. I found that you can't auto activiate membership with PayPal Single Payments Gateway, instead you must use PayPal Express Gateway. Though one of the reasons is I was trying to do is indefinite access, but with PayPal Express Gateway I'm limite to years, but hopefully the 'subscription' being set to 'Indefinite' it should be fine?

Even with it's problems here and there this is a great plugin, well done =)
    Cheers,
    Daniel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.