Inactive users MUST be able to PAY, how to do it ?

Hi,

I have thousands of subscribers per day. Only small % proceed with membership payment, high % remain as inactive. I am very happy in any case with this plugin!

I discovered that LOT of "inactive" members that skip the payment page, still attempt to login. The I decided to modify the "this account is inactive" message on the login page, adding a direct paypal button, see: http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3117/logind.png

Result: INCREDIBLE! LOT of people are paying from this page. My conversion rate % increased suddenly after giving this second chance to pay.

Now, the problem is that this I am using direct paypal button link and every member that purchase through this PayPal buttons must me activated manually, because it is just a direct payment link.

My question:

HOW can I connect that button to the member account in order to have his accunt ACTIVE after he finish the payment? Just like the normal payment process does ?

Please help. If any payment is required to find the solution let me know.

Thank you !

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Problem here is that the plugin needs to have the user logged in before they can pay... otherwise, when it sends them off to PayPal it won't know which account to activate.

Think about the registration proceedure;
    1. create an account
    2. select a subscription
    3. pay via PayPal
    4. return to the site as active member

Without step 1 there is no way that step 4 can happen, because the payment taken in step 3 has no user account to attribute to....

Phil

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I was Looking for the same thing.
    I read this

Think about the registration proceedure;
    1. create an account
    2. select a subscription
    3. pay via PayPal
    4. return to the site as active member

Without step 1 there is no way that step 4 can happen, because the payment taken in step 3 has no user account to attribute to....

So you are saying that there is no way around it.
    Ok then What is the best way for the user to use the same screen name and email if they want access? is there a way the user can delete his account and re-register?
    or They will have to use a new account and password

@cubandigger
    Could you Post how you did the paypal links I love that idea.
    And did you do this on multisite or Stand alone site?

thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.