include extra folder in shapshot

Hi,

Is it possible to include custom folder to snapshot, which is not part of wordpress, but located in same folder as wordpress?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi vitaly,

Hope you’re well?

I’m not quite sure I understand.

do you mean as in you want to also backup a folder that’s say in the same folder for example

/public_html/wordpress = your wordpress install folder where wp-config.php is

You also have a folder called /backmeuptoo

/public_html/wordpress/backmeuptoo

If I understood that correctly, then, no unfortunately this isn’t possible as snapshot will only backup the wordpress files & DB, it will not see or touch any folders that aren’t part of wordpress itself.

Not sure if this could be included without editing the plugin code, let me ask one of our developers to see if this would be possible or not for you.

Hope this helps

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @vitaly,

I hope you are well today.

Unfortunately this is a extremely complex feature and is beyond the scope of custom coding that we could provide.

If you need this feature now, you could try posting a job on our job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you need more informations about the plugin code, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Some note for now, the file backup process happen mostly in the function snapshot_ajax_backup_file, you can find this function the file /snapshot/snapshot.php line 3357. This is the place you will need to modify.

Best regards,

Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.