Include product gallery in Title using SmartCrawl

I have a WooCommerce site and I use SmartCrawl on it for my SEO needs. I want to kno whow to add the WooCommerce product category in the titlle oof pages using SmartCrawl. I tried %%product_cat%% & %%category%%. But it doesn't work.

Please help

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Matt

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked that on my own setup and I can confirm that. In my opinion we have some sort of issue here so I reported this to our developers as a bug. They'll look into it to see how to fix that and if there might be any workaround for this.

We'll update you here as soon as we get to know more but please note that developers' response time might be longer than ours here on support forum as they are dealing with a lot of complex stuff on daily basis.

Please also make sure that you're keeping the plugin up to date in case the fix was released that way only.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Matt
    • Flash Drive

A chat support tech created this post on my behalf after replicating the issue and not having an immediate solution. I'm not sure where product "gallery" came from, it is the product "category" name I'd like to place in product meta titles and descriptions.

We tried various terms but I believe %%product_cat%% is what should work, based on WooCommerce documentation.

WooCommerce document how to include the product category name in the breadcrumb nav in this article:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/show-product-categories-in-wooframework-breadcrumbs/

Perhaps their code could be adapted for our use-case?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Matt

Thanks for follow-up. Yes, I guessed it's about category, not "gallery" :slight_smile: Like I said, I've tested this and as I consider it a bug, I've reported it to our developers.

But the reference to the WooCommerce docs is an interesting finding so thank you very much for this! I just attached that link to the report that I passed to the developers to give them some idea on how this could actually be done :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.