Including images in new posts from RSS

I see several discussions on this topic, but am not quite sure where things stand. Here is my situation:

- in using Autoblog I want new posts to include an image if one exists in the RSS feed
- I recognize that a feed may not always include images, so I have made sure that my test feed does
- I don't necessarily want Autoblog to copy the image locally -- it's o.k. if the image source is just the original blog. But if the best way to solve the problem is indeed to copy the image locally, then that's o.k.

Here is an example feed: http://sherpabusinessdevelopment.com/feed/

Here is how the imported posts appear: http://sfbay.smallbexperts.com/blog/category/marketing/

What is the best way to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello Andy,

I see that you are using the excerpt mode. In Excerpt mode only the text is imported I believe. I ran the feed in the full mode and the images were imported successfully.

To do this, go to your WordPress Dashboard > Autoblog > All Feeds > Edit the feed in question > Scroll down to "Post excerpts" > Choose "Use Full Post"

The images are not imported to your installation, they are linked from the original source.

See the screenshot attached. Let me know if you have more questions.

• sherpabizdev

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your quick help. I was using the excerpt because I believe it will ease the issue of providing duplicate content (an excerpt with a link would be better in Google's eyes than full duplication, as I understand it - ?).

I may have to just use a manual process to grab the image OR to cut down the full post into an excerpt. At least now I understand how the plugin works. If it were easy to incorporate this functionality (set the plugin to grab an excerpt AND the first image it finds in the feed) that would be ideal!

Thanks again.

Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.