incompatibility of new 2.9.0.8 plugin version with wpmudev custom sidebar plugin

Hi,

I notice that the new 2.9.0.8 version of the google maps plugin provokes a php fatal error if the wpmudev custom sidebar plugin is also activated.

The error message is:
PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method TheLib::pointer() non static in class TheLib_Html in /home/httpd/wordpress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib-html.php on line 1624

Thanks for fixing this, please.

Regards

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Boyington,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am using latest versions of both plugin and they are working fine together. Where exactly you are getting this error on your WordPress ? I mean is it appear when you activate Google Maps plugin ?

If you could grant support staff access and share the screenshot of issue so I can take a closer look.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Boyington, I hope you are doing well today!

This looks like a conflict with a plugin. Since I tested the Google Map plugin along with Custom Sidebars Pro plugin on my sandbox site, they not conflicting with each other.

We need to find with what plugin Google Map and Custom Sidebars plugins are conflicting. Is there any chance you remember what plugins you had activated on the subsite? Since we can't access to dashboard the plugins must be deactivated manually.

To do this, navigate to the /wp-content/plugins folder using FTP or your host manager, rename the plugins you think are enabled on the subsite to something else, for example add “plugin_name.deactivate” in the name. Leave the wpmu_dev_maps_plugin and custom-sidebars files as it is.

Check if you can access to the administrator dashboard now. If you can, please rename back the plugins one by one, while testing at the same time. Once you find the plugin which causes the conflict, please post its name here.

Let us know how it went!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Boyington!

Sure, I'm using the latest version 2.1.0.7 of Custom Side Bars Pro and Google Map plugin version 2.9.0.8.

I see you are using version 2.0.1, this version is very old and many bugs very fixed from 2014. Would you please update the plugin to the latest version and test again.

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.