Incompatibility problems with Pay with a like and WordPress Themes

Hello,

Pay With A Like use to work perfectly for years on my website. For some months now (I think after an automatic update of WordPress), it is no longer the case:

– it is still possible to like via the PWAL buttons, but the secret content no longer appears.

After deactivating all the extensions (no change), it appears it might be linked to a theme issue. When I switch to some other themes already installed on my WordPress, PWAL works properly (but not for all themes).

My current theme is Twenty Ten and I have done the most recent update of the theme.

I have just also bought a theme on ThemeForest (The Omega Theme => http://themeforest.net/item/omega-multipurpose-responsive-bootstrap-theme/7660374?s_rank=2), as – obviously, Twenty Ten is a bit old fashioned and I wanted to profit of this plugin issue to have a more modern theme, up to date. But the same problem appears also with the Omega theme.

Thank you for advance. I grant the access to my website of course.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Bossancourt,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

I have tested PWL on my installation with Twenty Ten but couldn’t replicate this issue.

There are few things you can try out, first is to activate parent Twenty Ten theme to check if there’s something in child theme that’s causing it.

Also, you might want to try creating new FB App since you have old API if you’re using old FB App and that could be the issue as well.

Have you checked for plugin conflicts on Twenty Ten and Omega themes?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Bossancourt
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag!

Thanks for the advices, I progress in the comprehension of the issue.

On my child theme, the Google+ button works but not the Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook ones.

On the parent theme – Twenty Ten -, the Google+ and Twitter buttons works but not the Facebook & LinkedIn ones.

I have created a new FB API but there is no change in the problem.

The first thing I have done was to turn off all the extensions (except PWL :wink: but no change in the issue.

I hope that will help to find out the issue!

I’m creating a test site now with the Omega theme on.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bossancourt!

I’ve visited your site that’s linked to this thread but I couldn’t find PWL anywhere. Could you please point me to the page/article where PWL protection is enabled in case I missed it?

I understand that you’re now in a process of building test site though. Please let me know when its ready and it would be great if you could grant a support access to it upfront.

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bossancourt!

Thank you for sharing links. I've visited your site (I believe it's currently set to use Twenty Ten child theme) and all four buttons loaded fine every time for me. I tested this with Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers under Windows (see attached screenshots).

That said, does this happen for you regardless of a browser/OS you're using or just for any specific one? If so, would you please let me know about the browser and OS (including versions)?

Best regards,

Adam

• Bossancourt
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Adam,

Sure the buttons are here, but when you use one of them, a link to a PDF file to download should appear (as it use to be several weeks ago) and it is no longer the case. I have many reports and complains from customers, so the issue seems very general and not due to the browser. As Predrag have suggested, and as I have tested, if I switch to other WP themes, PWL works with some of them and not with others. So I think the problem is linked to the theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.