Incompatibility with New Blog Templates

If we have a blog template and create a new site from that template the Pro Site settings in psts_action_log will get carried over meaning that creation dates et.c. will not be correct and can cause some trouble. Is this something that can be remedied in the Pro Sites or New Blog Templates plugin?

Currently we use update_option('psts_action_log', array()); upon blog creation just to clean it up, but this does not seem like the most efficient way.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey KFUM.

I'm not sure that is an issue with New Blog Template.

I don't have the plugin running (deactivated), but I do have Pro Sites and when I create a new site I also get the options table added:

a:1:{i:1328863833;s:60:"Pro Site status expiration extended until February 11, 2012.";}

I presume its this you refer to?

I think that is just what Pro sites does for new sites.

Let me know if I'm off track here and misunderstood?

Take care.

• Niklas
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I think you misunderstood.

We have both Pro Sites and New Blog Templates active. When a new site is created using an old site as the template the new site inherits the old site's expire date and Pro Sites transaction history.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I think you misunderstood.
    We have both Pro Sites and New Blog Templates active. When a new site is created using an old site as the template the new site inherits the old site's expire date and Pro Sites transaction history.

Yeah it will because your copying all the sites tables over, so you are replicating everything.

If you didn't want that then you could either go into the database and search for the relevant data and then remove it. Or create a fresh site and don't upgrade it, so leave it as is. If you need to test things then don't use the default blog template site, use another one which won't affect it.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I'm not sure where I said just ignore it?

Quite the opposite, I told you that could either remove the item from the database or create a new slate where the previous transaction details are not present.

This is what you said in your last post:

Thats not an incompatibility bug, thats New Blog Template copying over the data from the site you specified as the template. Thats the designed behaviour.

If you tell New Blog Template to copy all the data from a template site, then thats what is going to do.

All of the Pro Sites data for each site is stored within the sites own options table. (I've attached a screen to show as example.

So I made a new template using:

wp_11_options

That site has been upgraded and downgraded before. So using it as a template now will replicate the data from that sites options tables because we are instructing it to.

My screenshot should show you where the relevant data is, but just in case. The prosites data is in the options table for the site it belongs to. under columns with names PSTS you will find the relevant rows.

So back to my suggestion in the last post, the way to resolve that is either create a blank template site (with no pro site upgrades) or remove the data from the options table.

I hope you find this more Helpful.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Oh just to add, the option name is "psts_action_log" You will find one in the options table for all sites in your network. Its that log you are seeing in your template and replicated to new sites.

Hence:

the new site inherits the old site's expire date and Pro Sites transaction history.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

I'm not sure how it is a bug by design?

The idea of the New Blog Template is to take a blog and replicate it to another new blog. Its serving its purpose, its replicating all the data over.

The easiest way for now is to simply remove the data from the database, that will stop the data being replicate.

I'll also have a word with Barry to see if he could implement a check for the Pro Site options table, as its not really something which we need copying over. I do agree with you there, so we'll see if can work something out, how does that sound?

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.