Incorrect allert regarding payment gateway for free sign up

On the dialogue for new sign ups for a free membership ( we are testing and pre-launch but live so we can test and start building viewers ) when people sign up for the only membership, which is free, they are alerted that they may have to wait for the payment gateway to process their payment.

That's wrong. And it makes the site seem unprofessional and perhaps even fraudulent.

So where can we edit those dialogues?
It seems that the back and forth loads into the page.
So how and where do we control the dialogue with our subscribers.

Where is the detailed manual so that we can make a finished product?

• Elizabeth MacPherson

Well I found the text for the sign up dialogue here:
    wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-pages.php

I literally had to delete all membrships, deactivate the plugin, comment out Network activation in wp-config.php file, deactivate Membership Pro 2, it would not let me uninstall it, manually remove it from my plugins driectry, delete membership pages from the site, Uninstall the WPMUDEV dashboard and start fresh.

Installed dashboard, Membership Pro 2, edit class-ms-model-pages.php on Line 974
    __( 'The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.', 'membership2' )

then activate the plugin, remake all pages, re-create NEW subscriptions and run a test sign up.

Not THAT is excessive amount of work to change the dialoge between our online brand indentiy and our online community via the automated messaging of the sign up process.

Is there a better way to do this?

Is this a harbinger of what to expect to go through using WPMUDEV tools for projects?

WPMUDEV bills itself as a superhero for WordPress publishing. Seems like I still need my own cape.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Elizabeth,

I hope you're well today!

I just checked this on my own test setup and can confirm that the payment gateway notification comes up for free memberships. I agree it shouldn't as "free is free" and no payment details are gathered. I think this had to somehow "slip through" the testing stage of the plugin.

That said, I'm reporting this as a bug to the plugin's developers and hopefully they'll be able to fix it in one of the upcoming releases. Thank you for pointing this out and I'm sorry that it caused you so much trouble!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Elizabeth!

Thank you for your suggestions.

As for giving annual membership to "special developers to run through each plugin or theme". I think that's a great idea! I'm not in a position to make such a decision and/or speak in the names of our managers but surely I'll bring this to their attention.

As for current testing procedure. Developers are testing products of course and they're running them through various procedures and checks. Additionally, we - as a non-development staff - are also running tests on major releases. However it happens sometimes that either a bug passes through or something gets "overlooked". In most cases, that's because it's pretty much impossible to replicate on our test setups each and every possible configuration of WordPress + servers + plugins + themes.

However, having said all that, I fully agree with you. You made a great point here and I'll forward it to "higher authorities".

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Elizabeth!

I hope you're having a nice day!

To remove the "The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status" you will only want to edit the "Thank You" page via WP Editor. I admit I'm a bit ashamed I somehow overlooked that before!

The steps would be as follows:

1. Go to your dashboard's "Membership 2 -> Settings" page -> "General" tab
    2. Click on "Edit" link next to "Thank You" page drop-down box
    3. A page will open with a WP Editor for the page that's assigned as a current "Thank You" page
    4. By default, there should be a content like this:

[ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status[/ms-note]

5. Edit the content between the "[ms-note type="info"] and "[/ms-note]" shortcodes, removing the misleading notice.

This will fix the issue. I'm sorry I didn't let you know about it at first!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.