Incorrect behavior of post formats in Autoblog posts

There seems to be some quirkiness with regard to post formats .. I tested a bunch of combinations yesterday after we finally got the scheduling up and running cleanly and am finding it difficult to get the standard post format to work with full posts. Each time I try to use the post format, I get only an excerpt (no matter what I specify in the settings for that area). Oddly, I do get a full normal looking post using the "link" format. (I thought I posted this yesterday but cannot see that post on the old thread)

I found a couple WPMU blog posts relating to post formats but the behavior of the plugin doesn't seem to align with what seemed to be pretty clear descriptions of what is a fairly commonly misunderstood new Wordpress feature.

Some clarification and documentation of these settings would be helpful to prevent having to go through and test each combination to find one that formats correctly (I'd love to see examples of each post format in the docs)

thanks,

Jim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jim,

Thank you for your valuable feedback which is truly appreciated and will be taken into consideration I am sure.

I will let my Boss know about your suggestion and put the ball into his court for possibly implementing explicit documentation of these settings and examples of posts as you have suggested.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @jimesten

Just quickly checking in to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. I believe you're still waiting for the Developer's input, so I will go ahead and alert him again.

Really sorry for this delay. Hope to have some feedback for you at the earliest.

Have a good day!

Gina

• jimesten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I will run a series of screen shots .. I did detail exactly what the settings were in the text of the post, but now that the scheduling issues are resolved I can focus on the getting you guys some clean info to work with on this one .

thanks,

Jim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jim,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• jimesten
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry, I was out for a full week in jury duty. I will get this onto the front burner as soon as possible. We had some issues with the Networks plugin but now are forging ahead again so I should be able to circle back to this issue.

thanks,

Jim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.