Incorrect display of background colour and widgets in WordPress Default Theme 2012

Hi

The background colour of my WordPress 2012 default theme is default white, #ededed. Recently it changed to blue. The whole inside of my webpages becomes blue in colour, which is the colour of the BORDER of the webpage, not inside the webpage which should be default white colour.

How to change the background colour back to default #ededed from blue? My website is http://hu-techconsulting.com.

The widgets, through Custom Sidebars Pro, appeared at the bottom of the webpages instead of to the right. How to restore the widgets to be displayed to the right of the webpages please?

Thanks for your help and support. Regards.

Benjamin Chan
benjaminchan@hu-techconsulting.com

• Benjamin

Hi Aristath

Yes. I use 2012 child theme, a very basic and simple one.

I do not know how to load style sheet to my child theme in the very first instance. Can help to resolve this please?

I manage to download your wpmu dev dashboard file and successfully grant access to staff of your company to help resolve
      (i) the incorrect background colour which should be default white #ededed and not blue
      (ii) the incorrect positioning of widgets which should be to the right of the webpages and not at the bottom of the webpages.

Staff support is active until 02/12/2014 12.28 am

Can you go to my website at http://hu-techconsulting.com using activated staff support granted please? You can also take a look at the not so good child theme I created myself from youtube videos which I watch and copy how to do the child theme.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

Benjamin Chan

• Tyler Postle

Hey Benjamin,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for granting access there.

If you swap over to the parent theme and activate just that can you let us know if it displays properly then? Just want to be sure the issue is your child theme before we go digging around :slight_smile:

If everything displays fine while just the parent theme is active, then can you send your FTP and WP login in through our private contact form?

That way we can better access your files.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Benjamin,

Just had another thought :slight_smile:

You could also use our Smush it Pro plugin to optimize your images too and shave off a bit more loading time. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

You just need to install and activate it then go to:

Media > WP Smush it. and send a bulk smush, it will take a bit of time smush and then you can fetch them back.

It provides a lossless compression. Meaning the quality of your images stays the exact same but it strips out a lot of useless meta data that isn't needed :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Benjamin

Hey Taylor

Thank you for your suggestion which is sincerely appreciated.

I have sent 279 images for smushing. The WP Smush Pro page says "Wait for your images to be sent to our server to be smushed. Once sent you may leave the page, we will email you when smushed images are ready to be fetched back. Once you received an email, you can click a link in there or go to WP Smush Pro settings page to fetch smushed images.

Reduced by 2.77 MB (3.86%). 278 of 279 sent attachments have been fetched"

However, I did not receive the email to inform me that the sent images are ready to be fetched back.

How do I know from the settings page whether to fetch the smushed images. ? How to find out from the WP Smush Pro settings page whether the images sent have been smushed and actually sent back and stored in the settings page since I did not receive the email?

Staff support access is granted.

Thank you for your support. Have a nice weekend.

Best regards.

Benjamin Chan

• Michelle Shull

Hey Benjamin!

Did you get the issue with your site colors resolved? I just took a look, and it looks great to me. The background behind the text is white again, and your widgets are all on the side, rather than under the content.

As for your Smush issue, it looks like there's still one more image to process, did you receive an email after you posted this, by chance?

Thanks, Benjamin!

• Benjamin

Hey Michelle

Your checking is sincerely appreciated.

So far I did not receive any email to inform me that the images have been smushed. I find this strange as I have been checking my email inbox and no email from WP Smush Pro asking me to fetch the smushed images. In view of this, where do I go to find out whether the sent images are actually smushed and sent back to me for fetching? Where should I go to retrieve the smushed images? How do I find out that the images are actually smushed and reduced by so many percent?

Thank you and best regards.

Have a good day.

Benjamin Chan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.