incorrect domain and conflicting information in "The Hub"

hi,
the site selected here in the form is on cloud flare installed through cpanel and i was told by the host that it has to use www.
no probs so the site shows up as www in my browser but not in "The Hub" on wpmudev
also "UpTime Monitoring" is showing fine in wordpress admin ("YOUR WEBSITE IS UP")
but in "The Hub" it is show as "YOUR WEBSITE IS DOWN".
i clicked "recheck" several times without success.
i even removed the site completely from "The Hub" went back to WP admin and realized i got logged out of wpmudev dashboard - no probs - logged back in to try again and the same thing is happening.

now the funny thing is the other site i have is configured the exact same way on the same host and shows up in "The Hub" fine with WWW and also "uptime monitoring" etc. all seems to be in sync.

support access granted if required on both my sites in "The Hub".
your very kind assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello amused,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see two sites registered with your account here and can confirm that one of them is using "www" prefix and the second one is not. Unfortunately, something must have gone wrong while you were granting access to the "non-www" site as I'm not able to access it. Could you please got to your "WPMU DEV -> Support" page there and re-grant support access for me?

I've also noticed that the "non-www" site is a Multisite WP setup. Is it a sub-domain based or sub-folder based? In case of sub-domain based setup it's recommended (and default option) to go without "www" prefix.

The Hub reads site URL from WP settings. Your "www" site has "www" prefix setup on "Settings -> General" page but the Multisite by default doesn't use it and that's why The Hub reads it this way.

That said, let me know please once you re-grant support access to your "non-www" site.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.