Incorrect members Count

Hi ... just want to know. how to correct member count.... in attached file it shows I have 77 members in Free Sub, but in reality I only have 38 signed up users in total on the test site....

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings greg_mcewan_marriott,

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

What are the totals under the Membership --> Access Levels screen?

There is something going on with these totals, my screen shots are below.

I have tested this out on my production servers and confirm the issue and I am now going to discuss it with the lead developer @Barry - to get a fix sorted for you asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings greg,

Thank you for the additional screen shots demonstrating just how much the numbers are skewed.

Hopefully the lead developer will find his way in here sooner then later as you have been kindly patient and we both hope to get this discrepancy resolved.

Sincerely, Joe

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

You know when you look at the users in:

Admin --> Users

What do you see?

And in:

Admin --> Members --> Users

What do you see there?

Screenshots please if that's ok? :slight_smile:

I'm wondering if Membership is counting all inactive/incomplete signups and WordPress is only counting active/confirmed members

Take care.

• greg_mcewan_marriott
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Mr Leary.... that first image i posted was from the admin dashboard.... but ere is another...but i attach another one ...

I eventually got tired of questions from client as to why does it say we have 100 odd subscribers but in buddypress it only says we have 50... so i had a looky at the tables... what i did notice is that each user in the membership tables had more than one entry... one for the admin gateway and then one for the paypal gateway... the other thing of note is that when a user is deleted in normal wp admin dashboard... he is still left in the membership table as a "user to be counted" although he does not appear in the membership user list.... so that is one to check, when user is deleted it should remove entry in membership table as well.

I manually deleted and "balanced the books" for now, so that the client can stop making my day tough.

Then to put a smile on the dials (and this is very unnatural for me, but i cannot resist) hehehehhe go looky at http://millmore.posterous.com/yeoman-warden-at-tower-of-london

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Greg,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention regarding the gateways and how they related to the member counts.

This in itself is a mystery since you should not be having members assigned to two gateways and I am wondering how that happened - from my understanding of your setup they should only be being assigned to a payment gateway and not admin gateway at all.

Let me know if that persists.

I like the Yeoman and thank you for that, he is truly hilarious though I admit I had a hard time understanding him at certain points - but he is still great.

Please Greg keep an eye out on those gateway allocations and reopen this ticket by check marking it as not resolved if the issue continues and posting any news as well.

Cheers, Joe

• greg_mcewan_marriott
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Joe !!!! How are you mate.... just want to update you on this... the question as to why i have two gateways i have no clue !!!! I never set up an admin gateway, and to be honest wish it would just totally disappear

I attach screenies of the gateways i have, as you can see only one is active, the drop down box screenshot shows an admin one as well - hey where did u come from?

Anyway mate - hope u r keeping well, pardon the silence, but heavy heads down here

Greg

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

just want to update you on this... the question as to why i have two gateways i have no clue !!!! I never set up an admin gateway, and to be honest wish it would just totally disappear

It's a default Gateway which is applied when the admin assigns a membership manually.

You can't turn this one off.

But I found in another thread that if you have:

Admin --> Membership --> Options

to assign a default subscription to members, then they also get the admin gateway. Barry was notified on that other thread. This then means they can't upgrade without you swapping them gateways.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Greg,

Tim is spot on there and you can indeed manually swap the gateways in Membership --> All Members --> check mark member(s) that you want to change the gateway on, and from the bulk action choose to move gateway or if it is just one member choose under the current gateway "move" and move them that way.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Greg,

I have gone ahead and marked this ticket as NOT resolved since apparently it isn't though I am not sure who marked it as resolved in the first place.

In any event I will let Barry know that to date this issue persists for you but you must be aware by now that he is knocking out the bugs on a massive scale with the new release and hopefully his eye ball will be on this soon.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Greg,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.