"Incorrect or out of date key"

Hey,

I have a major problem on my multisite. People with mapped domain often experience that when trying to visit their site, they just get the message "Incorrect or out of date key".
I have read here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/incorrect-or-out-of-date-login-key#post-737147 that it would help to clean cookies, but I don't know how to do that for my whole multisite installation.

Please help, this is driving me and my users crazy!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Matthias,

Hope you're well?

When we say clear cookies, this isn't something the site does, it's something your clients have to do themselves by clearing their browser cookies.

This is different on each browser.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-ie/

If you are using W3TC on your multisite though, you could try the solution posted by Sybre in the following post. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/incorrect-or-out-of-date-login-key#post-792947

This means adding the info he gave into the w3TC settings which then tells W3TC not to cache those.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Mathias,

I have just flagged one of our developers for some assistance with this, hopefully he should respond shortly, but could take a little longer than usual depending on his workload. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks

• Ajay
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Mathias,

Sorry, but you not responding to my mail,
    You are requested to clear the invoice, I can understand your position
    that you start-up and less of funds, But also try to understand my position

i have family and i am going through critical finacial situation, And
    you should not post job or get work done, if you have not funds at the moment.

after work done, not paying the developer, broken trust is not good,
    if you did the payment on time and have better relation with developer as
    you have long way to go in project, I could have help you out of the way
    in future but you broken trust of not paid.

I want to help you give more time for delay payment, if i would have in better financial situation,

Please clear the invoice asap.

Regards,
    Ajay Kwatra

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi Mathias,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

This issue mostly happen when your client logged as admin, still using a sub domain under the main site. And then, they mapped their domain, now the auth check will broke (as the old auth check is only for the sub domain), and that issue happen.

Please replace the file domain-mapping/classes/Domainmap/Module/Cdsso.php with the attachment, I make it force to clear the cookies when the auth check broken. Please give it a try and let see if it help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.