Incorrect URL on global site for products on subsites bug

Incorrect URL on global site for products on subsites bug is still there as of 3.0.0.5

My subsites have a messy structure (created by MP 3 upgrade) of:

/store-2/products/product-name

This structure works on my subsites but the global site wants the structure:

/store/products-list/product-name

What's going on with this new page linking system? Some kind of unification (control) needs to happen with the URLs, that and you reeaaaaaallllly need to revue how the store page generator works when there are existing store pages. The quick store setup is a nice idea but very unnecessary for a marketplace to have users have to create the store pages. Frankly, none of that stuff should be available for the subsites and should be controlled by the Super Admin. Hiding of features for Admins and making things "Super Admin" only has been something much needed for anyone trying to create an Etsy style marketplace (as is advertised as a feature that MP is capable of).

As of right now I can only display products (as long as I don't want them in a random order, which I do) but I can not click on any as the URLs are incorrect.

Support access is still enabled on my site.

Please advise. Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Roger,

Hope you're doing well today. I see the issue here. If the:

Store Settings > Presentation > "Products List" page is set to a different url on the subsite versus main site then the link will be broken. The global store is always using the main sites "product list" url.

I'm flagging this for the developer so they can get it fixed up asap.

In the meantime, if you make your main stores "product list" page permalink "products" then it should resolve the issue. You can change that by just editing the page already selected for it and edit the permalink.

Either myself or the developer will post back here once we push out the fix for this. Let me know if you have any further questions in the meantime :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Roger Beaujard

Thank you Tyler for the response. I will apply those temp fixes and change the structure on the subsites.

I do have another question. I have a strange redirect ever since the 3.0.3 upgrade where the global market page, events+ page, and all posts are redirecting to the Front Page for NON super users. Anonymous users and Super Admins are not redirected and can see pages and posts. I see there's a new User Capabilities section in Marketpress' backend. Could this be a cause? Also, I am using the plugin User Role Editor like many others for granting permissions to functionality so possible conflict?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Roger,

Would you be able to grant support access again? I've been troubleshooting the original issue further with the developer and it actually seems to be redirecting those pages properly for me now. I just wanted to check on your site and see if we can get it redirecting there too.

As for your new question. Sorry about my delay on replying! I see you have a new thread though: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/enabling-events-causes-404s-for-logged-in-user#post-965198

Is that same issue? Vinod has recently posted on that. If it's a different issue than that just let me know and I'll have a look as well.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Roger Beaujard

Hello Tyler, didn't see this reply, had given up on response after 6 days. The redirect issue was caused by the Events+ module "capabilities". There is still no resolution. When the add on is disabled the store pages work. The Events+ module has major issues that arose after it's last update (doubling of entries and no events posting to main page) and MP 3 upgrade (knocked out ability to have capabilities enabled without store redirecting to front page). As I've previously stated all these issues seem related to permissions or capabilities issues across both products.

Support access is granted and I would really appreciate some help, I'm waiting 6 days in the other posts as well for responses. I need to have Events+ and Marketpress working together in a multisite environment. Right now, nobody is playing nice together :slight_frown:

• Tyler Postle

Hey Roger,

I see Kasia is working with you on this issue already: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/enabling-events-causes-404s-for-logged-in-user#post-971400

That must be the post you referred to before? I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my install with events+ and MP, but looks like Kasia might be narrowing it down there to the theme. If that's a different issue then just let me know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.