Incorrect website down reports

We are receiving numerous reports from your service about websites being down,
but our server reports are not showing any issues
these are a real inconvenience
why is this happening?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello BMDteam13,

I'm sorry to hear about those issues with Uptime service.

I have checked your site and it looks like from 26th Uptime has a problem with finding your website. But it's not only Uptime - I checked if Google Page Speed is able to scan your website https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ but it also throws an error

Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_TIMED_OUT)

So I would suggest contacting again server provider and asking if they are not blocking services like Uptime (and Google Page Speed) or DNS for this domain are correct.
    Just in case those are Uptime IPs if there will need to whitelist them.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• BMDteam13

Hello Kasia,

This is our own server and is managed by our own support team.
    There are no such IP blocks.

Your response is unprofessional and ill-prepared.
    You should have first confirmed that these sites have been monitored by your service for quite sometime without issues.
    Our tests show lighthouse operating without any issues.
    Therefore, this is an anomaly which we need your organisation to sort out and prevent from happening again.

regards
    Disappointed Mike

• Patrick Freitas

Hi BMDteam13

Hope you are doing well.

I can see on the Uptime service that it is monitoring the website correctly, and indeed on 26th there were a not found pings,, but it does not mean necessarily that the website is down but a temporary state.

If the website has any performance decrease it can result in a slow down on the server response; another common problem is some glitch on the DNS.

As my teammate said, even Google was reporting the Time Out on Page Speed test.

Lighthouse returned error: FAILED_DOCUMENT_REQUEST. Lighthouse was unable to reliably load the page you requested. Make sure you are testing the correct URL and that the server is properly responding to all requests. (Details: net::ERR_TIMED_OUT).

Uptime will ping your website and if the website does not send a response in a determined time the service will warn you and keep pinging until the response.

However, we will keep eyes on the service and check any possible anomaly.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.