increase number of visibile words in Job list

Hello
i have jobs and experts integrated with pay per view, when i have a job created, i see that there is a limited number of words that is visible in the job list. How do i control this number of words?
thanks

• Sajid

Hi @hassan khazem,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can increase the number of words in automatic excerpts by adding following code in functions.php file of your child theme (recommended) or theme and increase the numbers accordingly.

function wpse_excerpt_length( $length ) {
        return 20;
    }
    add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'wpse_excerpt_length', 999 );

By default pay per view uses automatic excerpts method to protect the content. You can change this method from Pay Per View > Global Settings as seen in screenshot. This will work for all posts, pages and custom post types.

If you want to change method of a specific post, page or custom post then you can also do this from individual add/edit screen as seen in screenshot 2.

With selection method, select the content that you want to protect and leave the rest.

With manual method you can use the Excerpt field to display the content and protect the rest that is in content section. If you are not sure what is manual excerpt then see this link with screenshots.

Hope that explains how Pay Per View works, if you still need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.