Increase the height of thumbnail images

I need to increase the height of these thumbnails images:

https://monosnap.com/file/G1dH5qEhOXVA819VVQNHf06w9UzKHC

They are getting cropped from top and bottom.

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Carl

Hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

This seems like the problem with the thumbnail images itself, so I when to find some solution from your themes support and I found something that might be useful in this case. You can try running the plugin call Regenerate Thumbnails and it might fix the issue here for more information please visit: https://tielabs.com/knowledgebase/thumbnails-sizes-are-irregular/

Hope this helps and keep me updated :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Bamboo

• Carl
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Bamboo, I've tried that before but there's no problem with the sizes. They are as the theme requires them to be. What I would like to achieve is to make this archive/timeline category layout so the thumbs show the full image rather than it being cropped. This must not affect other category view layouts.
    What we need to do is to somehow override the code so that this archive/timeline category layout shows the full image. So we'd need to write the code to change the size and either link to the right size image or regenerate it so that the new code imports the new size.
    I've music TieLabs page builder which is native to the theme. I have #4 selected (archive/timeline category layout), which you can see in the attached image, inserted in a page.
    This is the page I would like to affect. I've included a screenshot of how I would like it to look.
    Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Carl

Thank you for the reply.

I understand that you would like to fix the thumbnail image that have been cropped, but the reason why they're being cropped because of this theme thumbnail class Jannah-image-large has been set the image width to 390px and height to 220px so that all the thumbnails that use this class will get cropped in the exact dimension as I mentioned.

Here is the screenshot of where I spotted Jannah-image-large thumbnail class.

In order to fix this issue, I found the plugin that will do the trick here. It's called Simple Image Sizes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-image-sizes/ after you install and activate this plugin, you will be able to edit the size of all your theme thumbnails including Jannah-image-large.

Here is a screenshot of when you activate the plugin, it will allow you to adjust all the thumbnails from your theme. (This is from my test site)

After you have inserted your new custom size to Jannah-image-large you will need to Regenerate it by scrolling down to the bottom of that setting page and choose only Jannah-image-large to regenerate it.

Here is a screenshot where you can find the Regenerate button.

Hope this help, thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Bamboo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.