Increasing page speed with Hummingbird

Hi,

I tried many options to increase my site speed - and it still isn't like it should be.

I've granted you access to my site, so could you check what's the problem and could Hummingbird help me. I've activated plugin and followed instructions, but can't get any improvements?

• Nastia

Hello Davorin , I hope all is well!

Welcome to WPMU DEV community!

Thank you for granting access to your site. Your site is loading within 3 seconds based on the Pingdom Tools, which is very good loading time.

The site's current score is 53 out of 100. If you navigate to Hummingbird > Performance Report the first recommendation is to optimize your images.

The Wp Smush on your site is already installed but the images are not optimized yet. Please navigate to Media > WP Smush and bulk smush your images.

If you wish to keep a backup of your images, before optimizing enable "Make a copy of my original images" option in plugin's settings bellow. This way you will be able to restore the images back to original.

Next recommendation is to "Improve Server Response Time". Installing a cache plugin will for sure improve loadings speed of your site. I've checked that the WP Super Cache is already activated, if you recently installed this plugin, like, within the last 30 min, the Google PageSpeed Insights result might haven't been updated yet, so please clear your cache and re-scan in a few hours.

If this is not the case, please install the P3 profiler plugin to measure your plugins' performance. Once the plugin will scan your site you may see wish plugin may slowing down your site.

Let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Davorin

I am currently smushing images but it takes time since I have more than 15k of them.

I have WP Super Cache plugin installed and configured for days and I tried all options and different configurations of Hummingbird but didn't get any result so far.

I have my site on SSD hosting on one of most popular hosting providers and I optimized my application as far as I can, and still loading time is way too much (5+ seconds avg, mostly because of long waiting - TTFB, and it's not due to server - I already checked it with them).

I will let you know after bulk smushing finishes if there are any improvements.

• Sajid

Hello Davorin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see that you are using lots of images on your site. So that is the image smushing/optimization is first thing you should consider.

Once done, let us know how it went. Also, in addition to smushing, make sure you are using image lazy loading technique to load images on when the needs to be loaded using a plugin like Lazy Load. This will also save you lots of bytes on first load.

Take care and happy new year :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.