incsub_event showing on events page

I've just installed the Events plugin. On the events page it's showing "incsub_event" as a title - http://highwoods.co.uk/events

I'm using Headway theme v3.1.2.

Any ideas how to remove this.

Thanks

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi allingtm,

Unfortunately it is not only the title. Event content is not displayed correctly either.

First please check WPLANG setting in wp-config.php, because your language setting is not correct and datepicker script for classifieds cannot be loaded (It is language dependent).

It should be one of these:

// Default (US English)
    define('WPLANG', '');
    // Again US English
    define('WPLANG', 'en_US');
    // British English
    define('WPLANG', 'en_GB');

Second, are you using a cache for the css files? Can you disable it for some time to see the result?

And if these do not help can you switch to default theme and check?

Cheers,
    Hakan

• allingtm
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It works on Twenty Eleven.

It doesn't work on Thesis - it doesn't show any event details at all.

And on Headway, it shows the "incsub_event" message.

So are you saying that as I've chosen to use Headway there is nothing that can be done (except contact Headway).

Thanks.

• allingtm

Hakan,

I've set it to define('WPLANG', 'en_GB');

css isn't being cached (as far as I know).

And it works fine on Twenty Eleven, but not on thesis or headway.

Any ideas or do I need to contact Headway as the next step?

• allingtm

I've checked all the Override options. Basically, none of them work with the Headway theme. They consume the whole page, so there is no other content shown at all.

I've raised this on the headway website http://support.headwaythemes.com/discussion/comment/60238#Comment_60238

They say this is a plugin issue. Is this something that can be looked at here? Or is this something that can't be resolved, so I should uninstall Event+

Thanks.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi allingtm,

This is the answer that can be expected (!). I mean plugin works for the default Twenty Eleven theme and they can still shame the plugin for that?

If you can provide me your FTP and WP admin credentials I will do the mods on your *theme templates* for you.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• allingtm

Thanks Hakan for the offer, is it something that I can do? Do you know what the problem is? I don't want to take up your time unnecessarily. It does work on Twenty Eleven, but not Headway, or Thesis, which I believe are very popular, so I'm sure you will see this sort of problem again.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi allingtm,

I had Thesis 1.8 in hand and it worked fine for me with its not-customized settings (see attached screenshot). I know this is an older version, but the core should not have been changed much.

So I am not sure how I can help you in your case.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi allingtm,

I have just tested Events+ also with Headway theme, and it works fine as expected. Please see attached screenshot.

So we are unable to reproduce the issue you are having. This may be because of some customizations inside your themes.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• allingtm

Hakan, Thank you for taking the time to install using Headway. My installation is out of the box install with no customisation.

Can I ask, what happens if you untick the "Override default appearance?" setting? Do you get the same problem as me?

Also, I've attached two screenshots, the only thing that is different is that one is using headway and the other is using twenty-eleven. The event+ settings are the same. You can see that it behaves nicely with twenty-eleven, in that the theme still appears, but with the other screenshot, the theme has gone, and the event+ has consumed the whole page. This is also shown in your screenshot. So it behaves very differently with headway, which I assume is an issue that needs attention.

Can you please confirm if this is by design? or an issue that needs looking at.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I'll chime in...

It's almost impossible to make every plugin work exactly the same with every theme out there and I seriously doubt they'd re-write the plugin just to work with Headway.

My suggestion would be to pick which item(theme or plugin) is most important to you and then find and use the other item that works with it. So if the Events+ plugin is most important, then find and use a theme that works with it.

You may want to post a job and have someone work some magic with CSS and code: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

@Hakan - it took me a while to find the jobs link again...it really needs to be easily accessible and shown in the search results

• allingtm

Thanks for the link to the jobs. I feel that the question I raised earlier is still a valid one, and something that I'm sure Hakan will want to answer. I've noticed that it seems to work fine with other WPMU themes. You are right about choosing what is more important - but I'm also sure there will be many others using headway and want to use events+ too.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

I'm sure Hakan will chime in...

My top 2 themes: Canvas and Pagelines Platform (has a free and paid version) and the paid version has many more features.

Anyway...best of luck with the project, but if it were me I would've changed theme or plugin by now :wink:

Have a great weekend...

Rob

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi allingtm,

First of all let's clarify one point that might have been misunderstood: If you uncheck the "Override default appearance?" checkbox, now your theme has full control over the appearance of the Events archive. Any theme that supports custom post types should be able to display archive events. But as @digitsoft pointed out, we cannot test and guarantee tens of thousands of themes available in the market.

For this reason, and also for you have mentioned that in both cases (checked and unchecked) it is not working for you, I have just tested for the checked option, i.e. when Events+ templates have control over the appearance. I have already showed above that it is working for Headway theme with Events+ templates.

Later on I played with some settings of Headway theme and I can say that it also works when theme itself is in control, i.e. "Override default appearance?" unchecked. Please see attached screenshots.

As you can see, this is fixed by changing only theme settings, not related to the plugin at all.

They say this is a plugin issue.

So I leave you to evaluate their quality of support as they don't even know what their theme can do :wink:

Cheers,
    Hakan

PS: Some css work may still be required. I just changed some basic settings to demonstrate that functionality of Events+ is there.

• tj_tajer
    • New Recruit

Hi Hakan,

I've installed Events+ and I'm using headway version 3.2.5. I've tried to follow your screenshots, however I can't quit get it right. I think the new version of headway themes causes a new problem and somehow when you click on an event the next page shows all the events together and causes an error with 'Hide who has RSVPed' buttons.

Can please help me to get it right as I love this plugin!! :slight_smile:

Thanks

TJ

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @tj_tajer

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.