Independent appointment scheduling with A+

Hi there:

How can I invite or share with someone to schedule a appointment without it being associated with the main website? In other words, I may have totally independent projects that I would like to schedule for and use A+. Can I send a individual link only for a certain service and they can not see other services or connections to the website at all etc in a email or post it on a independent website page or social media (like Twitter or FB etc)?

All ideas welcome...I believe I can but just wanted some input from others too...smile

Greg

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Greg

You could make an appointment on behalf of someone through the frontend as long as you knew their details to complete the appointment form and you knew the service, Service provider, Date and Time required for the appointment.

Also, as long as the relevant settings are correct in the A+ Settings 'General' tab they will receive a Confirmation email and Reminder email.

If this is acceptable you may wish to check what happens if you are logged in as the appointment may be sent to you. If this is the case then ensure you make the appointment when you are not logged in to the site.

Hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• Greg
    • The Exporter

I will look into that and will also let you know if I can find a workaround to make it more automatic than that...Just FYI I put in a Feature Request that says the following if anyone is interested or would like to give feedback here it is welcome...I think lots of folks would love this flexibility if we could incorporate:

Hey guys:

Would you look at this and see if we could possibly add functionality to allow for independent niche appointment that is not connected with the main website (i.e. custom reminders, confirmations, etc so as the appointment is not connected to the main website etc)? This could be used for niche ventures/endevors where admins of A+ may or may not want to have a particular group of people connect to the main website running Appointments+:

Thread Ref: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/independent-appointment-scheduling-with-a#post-473212

Thanks for considering...feedback?

:slight_smile:

Greg

Thanks guys...Greg

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Greg

As an option you could build a bespoke site for this and integrate the membership plug-in or similar so you could control which appointment page they can access. You could then control which services and service providers were available.
    You could even consider doing this via your main site and have more than one appointment page and control who can access each page through a log-in.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Greg,

I agree it would have the main site info if you created more than one appointment page on the main site.

However you could consider a separate site or multisite installation and create a site for each specific independent project as per the example in your original post.

Regards
    SteveB

• Greg
    • The Exporter

Hey @pxwm

Thanks for the input. I think that would work but...

However, the multiple initial configurations along with the management/maintenance would be mind-numbing if more than 1 or so other niche ventures would want to be pursued.

I was kindof thinking along the lines of being able to do it quick and on-demand for misc. purposes (then just have areas to customize like the confirmation and reminder emails and anything else that would connect it to the main site). That way it is all in one calendar but the users would see custom messages and experience.

I could envision another Tab in the settings section of something like the following:

Projects>Add a Group (i.e. a new niche/venture)>Then, all required settings and messaging that will make it happen...

This could be used for:
    Niche for your own or client websites/blogs
    Offline endeavors.
    Affiliate Marketing projects
    Different subsidiary or branches of services and products that you want totally separate from the core business but yet track everything in one calendar.
    Temp uses for misc. projects...
    Basically, anything someone could dream up (I think it might be a very popular and flexible solution and a big benefit add-on).

Etc etc etc.

Just throwing out ideas...but, I do believe your idea is valid and would work with maybe 1 more.

I accidentally responded to @Alexander on this before but include it in this feature request thread just FYI...smile.

Ref: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/feature-enhancement-for-appointments?replies=4#post-473799

Greg

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.