Indexing Page Comments

Is it possible to have the comment indexer index comments from pages? Buddypress used to put page comments into activity which then stopped with recent. The main attraction to joining WPMU DEV was to get all my comments in a stream on the front of my MS installs.

Most of my MS sites hold 'articles' in order, I use 'posts' rarely.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Clive,

Just tested the Comment Indexer on a basic Multisite 3.5.1 install running 5 blogs. The activated theme on all blogs is the TwentyTwelve theme. Network activated the Comment Indexer.

1. Went to #3 blog. Added a comment to a Post. Checked database table. Showing Post comment in Comment Indexer table (wp_site_comments).

2. Went to #4 blog. Added a comment to a Page. Again, verified database shows new comment.

All is working correctly. If you are not seeing this and I suggest you check the database table directly then you might be having an issue with your BuddyPress setup as you have indicated. Not sure that is something I can help support.

• Clive
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok, thanks Paul, that sort of makes sense because I installed Comment and Post Indexer initially without BP and I would swear blind I got a page comment coming to the front end. Which later seemed to disappear and I then thought I'd imagined it.

I'll deactivate BP and see if it starts working. With Live Stream I'm not sure I'd use much of BP anyway.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.