individual blog post customization

How do I individually customize a blog post (different than what shows up on home page/recent posts).

I want to change the format of the date and where it appears. I also want to format the featured image to be "fit in space". I would like to take off the author of the post/change the font, the font weight, and the font size.

thanks in advance

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

If you want to change one blog post to look different then open Upfront editor on that post and adjust it look.
    When you click on Post element and its settings you will see that in left sidebar you have options to add/remove post parts and change its order - you can also change preset for that post or create own preset (so you will be able to change fonts and colors) . You can edit almost all the elements there.
    And if you want to save changes only for that post you will have that option when clicking save - Upfront will ask you if this is for only one post or for all the posts.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

I apologize that my response was not helpful for you. I should be more specific when I wrote about the settings of the post element and presets. Please see attached screenshot

When you open editor on post you can see "global" settings for this page and to get into post element settings you have to click on element and then click small gear icon (you can see it on your screenshot).
    Then you will be able to choose presets and change elements and their looks from there.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

That is still showing global settings for single post template - does nothing happen when you click small gear icon on the post element?
    It should show addtional settings for that element. If it doesn't would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

OK, I know what is happening and why there is difference between settings on your site and mine.
    Because of heavy testing I reset Upfront themes a lot, so even if I updated from older version I always have it like freshly installed theme.
    And Upfront on your site was updated, not reset, thus you have posts elements the same way as before update without the new features.
    Way to change that is to remove old post element and add new one - and new one will allow you to do lots of customizations.

Before any changes please be sure you have fresh and working backup of your site.

1. Open editor on single post and click post element - but this time remove it with red X icon. You will have page without post.
    2. Open tab Draggable elements. Click there "Data".

3. You will see additional elements there. Post is in Post Data.

4. With other elements you can easily move featured image, author data around the page. Also Post Data element has inside post parts that you can customize.

5. If you want to use new post element on all the posts you will need to save it for all post types - if you want to do changes on that one post save it only for it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nicole

still having trouble and starting to get really frustrated. I followed your directions-- but now I feel limited to how and where the date appears and the same for the featured image. It seems as though now they are separate elements, and I'm having trouble inserting the featured image into the post....

also I want the date to appear like the screen shot, but with the Year extending over the top of the month/numbers. can you just give me the code to do that? I've tried a lot of trial and error with no luck... thought this was supposed to be user friendly- uck! The php link doesn't work very well... I have to basically click all over the screen before it lets me get into the text box to set "Y Md"

Why isn't this (see screenshot) post image section appearing anymore? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

With new post data elements designing process is bit different. Feature image is separate element - so it can be placed anywhere

Very important is that you can place on page multiple Post Data elements. You can in those elements choose what part to display: content, title, date.
    For example - you would like to have post elements in that order
    1. Title
    2. Feature image
    3. date
    4. Content.

So you need 4 elements: 3 Post data and 1 feature image. So you place:
    1. Post data (and choose preset only title)
    2. Feature image
    3. Post data (choose that only date should show)
    4. Post data (preset only content)

You can drag those separate elements to place them next to each others - like bricks.

on my screen date is two separate Post data element - first shows only month, second shows only day.

Let me know if you need more information about working with new elements.

The php link doesn't work very well... I have to basically click all over the screen before it lets me get into the text box to set "Y Md"

You are right! I replicated that also on my site - I've send message to developers about that issue and that is causing it. As soon as I will get answer I will get back to you.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicole,

how do I fix the post so that the pictures resize automatically in responsive mode? Right now they are oversized and don't appear in line with the post...

You can change how elements are displaying on mobile devices in Responsive mode. When you go to responsive mode, you will see that you can choose tablets and mobiles and there you can resize and/or hide elements so they will fit device size

I had trouble doing it because it wouldn't let me resize the elements so I had to do a new region... not sure if that was the right way to do it.

It was right way if you were able to get desired effect - you can have as many regions on page as you need, additional regions will not break anything.

How do I add something at the bottom to go to the next/older post?

We don't have an option to add this onto the single posts yet. This option is already on features list to implement, but I'm not able to give you ETA when it will be implemented.

Please note that our system treats every new post in thread as new answer and puts thread lower in support staff queue - this might cause delays in our responses.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.