Individual Listing Content Not Showing

We've installed the Directory plugin and have the category overview page working, but individual listing posts are showing up blank. There are no errors, and the posts are wrapped with navigation and the right sidebar as normal. Any ideas what could be causing this?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Marketworks

First of all, thank you for being a member of our Community. We're glad to have you.

Any chance that you can share a link with us? It's always easier to investigate when seeing it in action.

Of course, there can be several reasons for this type of behaviour. Are you using your own template? You can also check if you have set the capabilities for viewing listings. Are you trying to view as a visitor? If this is not set in the Capabilites Tab (WP Admin Dashboard » Listings » Capabilities Tab) then it won't show to visitors.

If none of the above can solve the issue, then please provide a link and we can investigate further. Also, please confirm which versions you're running. Also, are you running BuddyPress?

All this information can help us to assist you better :slight_smile:

Have a good day & look forward to your feedback.

Gina

• Marketworks
    • New Recruit

Hi Gina, would prefer not to share links publicly at this time. Is there a way for me to send the links to you in private?

In answer to your questions. We are not running Buddy Press.

We are running latest version of the plug-in and wordpress 3.4

I've tested permissions in the capabilities section multiple times and tried different settings. I've viewed the list as an admin, contributor and general public but the results are the same.

• Marketworks
    • New Recruit

Can we get some faster response time to this support request? Waiting 24 hours between responses isn't really productive. We are an Elite member and expect better service than this. Please respond with a way to share information by email. Thank you for your help.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Marketworks I know at times it's frustrating with the delay in responses. Most of the time it's probably due to time zone differences, and also who's online at the time. Rest assured that you'll get great service here. @GinaB has always been on the ball here and I know that she'll be able to get you an answer in a reasonable amount of time.
    It's also a good idea when posing a question to be more specific with details for example, Theme your using, list of plugins installed etc... This way all of the information is available up front and saves a delay in a reply to find this information. Also I believe that other members will be quicker to jump in and help as well.

Hope your problem has been resolved and look forward to seeing you in the forums!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Dean

Thank you for your vote of confidence. We try our best and do what we can in the hours we have available to us. And yes, the time zones doesn't always help.

Alas, Marketworks moved on and is no longer with us.

Hope your health is improving? My prayers are with you.

Have a beautiful blessed day!

Gina

• diybride
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm having the same problem. The categories are showing but listings within the categories are not. If I preview individual listings from the backend, they do appear.

Gina, may I send you links via email?

Troubleshooting:

* WP 3.4
    * Latest version of Directory
    * No buddypress installed
    * I've reset permalinks (is there a preferred permalink setting?)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.