Individual topic forums

First off, I've never liked this new interface here. I can't find anything easily ...

That being said, is there a way to get to a forum or thread for just one plugin? Where you can just scroll through all the issues and comments for, say, Pro Sites?

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Terry. I agree the current format can make it difficult to find things. In the meantime you could try using Google and entering "site:premium.wpmudev.org *plugin name*" For example, a Google search for Pro Sites would be: "site:premium.wpmudev.org pro sites" That's what I do.

WPMU DEV also has built in Google search integration, but I prefer to use Google by itself. Maybe tags will be used for labeling in the future to make things easier, we'll see.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings TerryG,

Thank you for the great question:

That being said, is there a way to get to a forum or thread for just one plugin? Where you can just scroll through all the issues and comments for, say, Pro Sites?

Absolutely. Though Gabe gave a good solution that I myself use, a better one for specific plugins is in the toolbar at the top of this site go to plugins and the search form is there - choose the plugin you are interested in researching - for example Pro Sites.

Click on the "ask a question about xxxxxx" from the right column. Next close the Pop up question form and there they shall be - all the questions and items pertaining to that plugin.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

• TerryG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I knew I saw something like that at one time. But, here's the problem:

Because the right column is fixed, I don't see below the Compatibility info. I had to go full screen in my browser to see that at all, and then just barely. I use a pretty standard resolution too.

Kinda getting back to my original comment about the usability of your new interface. Could you maybe have that column scroll along with the rest of the screen? Or better yet, have a more direct way to get to the topics, like in the "old days".

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings TerryG, Gabe, and Alex,

@Gabe thank you for acknowledging the additional solution.

@TerryG thank you for your suggestion though I find that column to scroll with me on my screen and when I get to the bottom of the page it indeed stops and I keep on going. I wish I had a more comfortable solution for you, I am sure you know I did not design the site though I will let my Boss @Mason know about your reported issue with the column for sure.

@Alex Thank you for your additional input as well and I use tags in a different way to keep track of my tickets and feeds, but just the same it is great for the use you described as well.

May you all have a GREAT New Year!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.