infinate seo pluggin

the seo pluggin is disabling my video press video from playing. how do i fix this, the two pluggins are not playing nice.

• aecnu

Greetings Silverstar,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and happy to see that you found the conflict right off the bat - Kudos for that.

It is impossible for us to code for every plugin in the world though we do our best to make sure there are no conflicts.

What is the URL for the plugin you are referring to?

If it is free maybe I have a chance of getting a lead developer /coder to look into this.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Silverstar,

Thank you for the link to what is obviously a premium plugin and I am not sure what the lead developer will do about that but it is not normal for us to purchase plugins and themes to work out member issues they are having with them.

Any chance you have contacted the author of videopress.com plugin since our plugins are licensed GPL and giving them a copy?

In addition, I have visited the site silverstarsat.com and if this is indeed the site we are working with it has errors on it form the start as shown in my screen shot below. Firefox or Chrome cntrl+shift+J

Please advise as to the response from the videopress author? And the status of these errors I have pointed out?

Cheers, Joe

• Silverstar

the error on the java script regarding some twitter whatever is something i cant figure out. but I appreciate you bringing it up although the only usable product in this package so far is the chat. I may have to get that and the seo somewhere else and cancel or keep it and figure out another acceptable video alternative.

"Thank you for the link to what is obviously a premium plugin and I am not sure what the lead developer will do about that but it is not normal for us to purchase plugins and themes to work out member issues they are having with them."

doesnt seem like good customer service.

• aecnu

Greetings Silverstar,

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

The issue is here that we have two products that are fighting with each other and I condoned that you give a copy of ours for free within the terms of the GPL license to the developer of the other program and they will not return the favor? Not even a discount?

In any event, if we cannot see it from the outside unless it is enabled or reachable by the lead developer and we cannot look at the coding on the inside, or at least have them running simultaneously on the same box to gather the error codes if there are any.

However, I will alert the lead developer/coder and see how he wants to proceed.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Is it perhaps this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/video/ ? If so, unfortunately I'm unable to see the issue in action for myself because it requires me to create some sort of service subscription with them. I will try to debug the issue on the code level, but it would be very helpful to know exactly what kind of conflict are you experiencing? Is it on regular pages, or in the admin area? Also, what exactly happens?

• Silverstar

i use wordpress because i can use full length HD video without adds. its used on my other .com site so it cost me nothing extra. doing the setup it appears to work fine but no video is displayed. someone gave me a snippet of css that made it show but not play. so i started looking for a plugin conflict and the only conflict i could find is the seo plugin if its not active all is well. and i figure since my site isn't right now ranking all that well anyway, and im busy building a order form with gravity forms i figure i could unhook it. right now its active however and i have put the YouTube videos back. with your programming experience the better way to build a order entry form would be to wait until 2013 access comes out build a company database and make a order form in vba and somehow embed it into the web page yes or no.
    oh if you want to go see what i just said [edit] ill trust you wont break anything. and i appreciate your help

• Silverstar

ok now i realize the chat isn't working, i suspect the seo and it was exactly that. when the seo is deactivated the chat works. ill define works, it was slow and my response did not appear on a customer screen. there was no sound if someone sent a message and they couldn't see my response. I deactivated the seo and the correspondence flows in both directions effortlessly. but there is no alert sound from the i-pad but when i log into the desktop it does ding. should i be looking and trying yoast or some other seo plugin. and this conversation has been ongoing for a week

• aecnu

Greetings Silverstar,

Thank you for the additional feedback and information which is certainly appreciated.

Regarding the suggestion you made of going with another SEO plugin, that may very well be in the cards with the indication there are so many conflicting issues.

Regarding the chat, is this indeed the WPMU DEV Chat plugin we are working with there?

If indeed this is our Chat plugin then it will be much easier for this particular lead developer to find the issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Silverstar,

With the lead developers input above with the announcement of the new release, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.