Infinite SEO & Custome Post Types

I have just disabled infinite SEO and enabled all in one seo pack and this is generating the meta description for my custom post types! Infinite SEO does not do this, which means that it isn't as INFINITE as I thought. Would you please update the plugin to generate the Meta Description & Titles for custom post types. Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Graham,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Thanks for reporting that to us. I am going to investigate that now and will report it to our lead developer as required.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Graham,

I just tested the plugin with quite a few custom post types and it works fine with the Title tag and meta description.

view-source:http://wpwd.in/sessions/test/

Can you kindly let me know how you established that the Infinite SEO is not working with your custom post types ?

I can have a closer look to see what might be wrong as required.

Kindly advise so that we can ensure that the plugin works fine for you and you don't have to use any other plugin for your SEO purpose.

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Graham
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the reply and your attention. where is that meta description coming from in the test url you posted? I want Infinite SEO to auto generate the meta title and description (if no excerpt) from the post title and content for custom post types based on the settings, e.g. %%excerpt%% etc. Ideally the custom post types should show up in the Title & Meta tab under settings.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Graham,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay as I was away due to a family emergency.

Thanks for the reply and your attention. where is that meta description coming from in the test url you posted?

That was manually added to the post I made.

I want Infinite SEO to auto generate the meta title and description (if no excerpt) from the post title and content for custom post types based on the settings, e.g. %%excerpt%% etc. Ideally the custom post types should show up in the Title & Meta tab under settings.

I just checked it on my site and under the Title & Meta tab, I have got all the custom post types I have created on my site !

Here is a screenshot : https://www.monosnap.com/image/HHGJKD0jnV80GiduI7WuTzybk

Can you kindly let me know where are your custom post types created ? CustomPress or some other plugin ?

Please advise so that I can get that sorted out for you by discussing it with our lead developer.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.