Infinite SEO Page edits not saved

Hi,

When I edit a page's Infinite SEO section, the text I add does not get saved when I save the page.

I tried adding a Title tag and some Meta data, but they are gone when I come back to look at them.

Any suggestions?

Larry

• Timothy Bowers

Hey tishimself.

I tested in both but we are talking about pages not posts right?

I can not seem to replicate this issue so I wonder if it could be a plugin conflict.

Which version of WordPress and Infinite SEO are you using?

Can you please disable all plugins and then test again to see if there was a conflict there. Themes can also affect this so could you please try the default "Twenty Elevan" theme and then test again. Let me know if the issues then go away.

Take care.

• tishimself

Hi,

Yes, I am talking about pages.

I upgraded to newly released Infinite SEO 1.3.7 and the problem went away on two Buddypress site using the Network and Scholar themes.

However, the problem still persists with a non-BP site using the Dixi theme. I will try to drill down on this soon.

If you don't mind, how does the plugin work for BuddyPress pages? Does step 3 in the setup wizard add the SEO info to the Buddypress pages? Specicallly, I'm interested in the Buddypress Home page.

Thanks. Larry

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Larry.

If you don't mind, how does the plugin work for BuddyPress pages? Does step 3 in the setup wizard add the SEO info to the Buddypress pages? Specicallly, I'm interested in the Buddypress Home page.

Any physical page or post can have will allow you to enter SEO info. If it was a slug then you would not be able to.

In BuddyPress 1.5+ you create pages, so you should be able to add SEO info there.

I found a plugin that was causing the Dixi theme site the problem.

So this was a third party plugin causing the issue?

Take care.

• tishimself

Hi,

Can you point me to any guide to BuddyPress SEO techniques? Is there a document that descibes more in detail how to use this plugin for SEO? SEO is a bit of a challenge, so it would be nice to be familiar with what this plugin is or is not doing b4 I signup for SEOMOZ..

Sorry, but I'm not very familliar with slugs. I think they are the names of BP pages specified in the bp-custom.php which I think are all the BP pages, but I'm not sure. I would change these so that spam bots would not find the default BP page names.

As best I can tell there are two ways this SEO plugin can be configured:
    1). Pages and posts can be edited.
    2). What gets changed with the Wizard? Is it doing anything with the BP slugs? Do the wizard steps apply to posts and pages too. I'm confused about what the wizard is doing in step 3.

Yes, it was a third party plugin that added spell checking.

Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.