Infinite seo sitemap issue

Hi !

I have a problem with Infinite SEO.

The sitemap update is blocked on november, 19, 2011, for a new site created on the network few days ago.

The sitemap is in reality up to date, but even a manual update does not change the update date :

Your sitemap contains 49 items.

It was last updated on 19 November 2011, at 21 h 28 min.

here is the sitemap url : http://affairekvall.passion-cheval.net/sitemap.xml

problem : google refuse to take it in consideration, and since 5 days now, none of the site url is indexed.

This is a non sense ! I dont understand what happens...

Any tip will be appreciated !

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Aphrodite,

The sitemap says the date as 2012-06-19, where did you find the message you quoted above? (Your Sitemap contains 49 items). The sitemap looks updated and all good to me.

In Google Webmasters tools, there is an option to re-submit sitemap. Can you give that at try?

Let me know!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Aphrodite,

That is just so bizarre!

I will send a message to the lead developer to get his thoughts on how this is possible and any advice/advise us as to how to get around it.

Have you tried deleting the sitemap and recreating it?

Is the date you are giving us the file date or the date in WordPress for the last time the sitemap was updated?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

What the dashboard says for update doesnt have any impact on google scanning it. The big thing is the lastmod tags IN the sitemap, and those are being udated correctly, which is what google looks at to see when the page has been changed to decide if it should rescan the content on it.

I suggest you screen shotting your webmaster dashboard on google to determine specific problem

Also - you can always dig out the file and manually delete, or, change the sitemap name. Googel and Bing have configurable sitemap locations, so you can do whatever. it wont hurt your rankings.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Aphrodite,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.