Infinite SEO support in MarsEdit

I'm looking for a way to configure MarsEdit 3.5.4 to support Infinite SEO fields, so I can post directly from my client without having to go into my dashboard to add the SEO details. This seems to me a custom fields issue, but will also require editing some wordpress files to allow posting. I'm looking for any details, information, experience on this (and would consider switching to another client that supports this working method).

• aecnu

Greetings gtra1n,

Thank you for this great question.

I'm looking for a way to configure MarsEdit 3.5.4 to support Infinite SEO fields

Though our mission here with the support we provide is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing, I will go ahead and see if I can get the lead developer of Infinite SEO in here with his invaluable insight into Infinite SEO and any advice/advise that he may have concerning this question.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hope you're well @gtra1n

I'm just quickly checking in to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted with the advice above or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since we haven't heard back from you with an update, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a good day and wishing you all the best with your project!

Gina

• gtra1n

Thank you Gina, Joe, VeBailovity - I'm just seeing these replies today, as the email notifications did not reach me for some reason.

I'm asking about this because I can configure MarsEdit to support the All In One SEO Plugin. MarsEdit uses an XML-RPC request, and the SEO fields are custom fields for the blog, The final step is to edit the meta.php file to whitelist the custom SEO fields. It made me think that something similar would work with Infinite SEO, and this seems to confirm that. Could you provide the specific field names in the plugin so I can try adding them. For example, in All in One SEO, the description field is: "_aioseop_desc."

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.