Infinite SEO - Tags not showing up

Hey

I'm using Infinite SEO (latest version) but for some reason, tags like %%title%% | %%sitename%% are not displayed when I work on old or new page / post in admin.
In the header, I call only <title><?php wp_title('');</title>. Any idea?

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings caramel,

Do you have the Infinite SEO section opened up in you posts or pages which is activated by clicking on the Infinite SEO bar below a post?

I have included a screen shot below.

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• caramel
    • New Recruit

Hey aecnu

Sorry for my late answer, I was waiting for a notification email! So yes I have the Infinite SEO section opened on both pages and articles. I have the settings by default, so like %%title%% | %%sitename%% but in the section it's blank. What I'm trying to achieve is to have by default some info, that I will overwrite manually for my main pages / target keyword.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm working on fr_FR sites. I tried on different install but It's not showing up. I will continue to test though.

Thanks, Nicolas

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nicolas,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and input here to include the screen shots, it is greatly appreciated.

It is my opinion that you are using the right plugin for the wrong job, or the right job with the right plugin.

If I do understand what you are trying to do, I would use Infinite SEO only for site map generation and SEO Ultimate plugin for dealing with the tags and manual meta modification.

This is indeed how I do it myself.

Please check it out and let me know your results.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.