Infinite SEO: Unique tile for Buddypress Profile pages

Hi,

Using Infinite SEO, I'm trying to remove duplicate Page Titles and content for this BuddyPress site.

There are always two such pages with duplicate title and content:
.../members/username
and
.../members/username/profile

I seem have no ability to change the content or title information on these pages to make them different. Can Infinite SEO help me do this? Currently Infinite SEO does not differentiate between the two either. Can I somehow tell BP to not generate both pages?

Larry

• aecnu

Greetings Larry,

Thank you for these great questions and pointing out this significant issue!

I seem have no ability to change the content or title information on these pages to make them different. Can Infinite SEO help me do this?

I do not think there is any way to do this except possibly blocking the path to one of the URL's or excluding a URL.

Currently Infinite SEO does not differentiate between the two either. Can I somehow tell BP to not generate both pages?

I am not sure if it is possible to do it after looking at the settings again.

However, you may indeed keep the search engines from spidering those unwanted URL's by using the robots.txt file:

#
    # Rename this file robots.txt to prevent search engines to
    # index your wordpress folders.
    #
    # If your site is in a subfolder, edit the file as necessary,
    # i.e. /wp-content/ becomes /subfolder/wp-content/, etc. and
    # place the file in the domain's root folder.
    #

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /wp-content/cache/
    Disallow: /wp-content/themes/
    Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/
    Disallow: /wp-admin/
    Disallow: /wp-includes/
    Disallow: /wp-login.php
    Disallow: /wp-register.php
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /imaging/
    Disallow: /members/username/profile/

Please advise if this works for you.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Larry,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.