InfiniteWP, ManageWp or any other WP management tools

Hi all

I've been looking at implementing InfiniteWP or ManageWP at our agency to oversee and manage all our wordpress installs for clients.

The benefits I see are:
- Manage multiple installs
- Provide monthly or weekly reports on changes
- Overview of Google Analytics across our clients.

I would love to hear any stories of people who have used these services as well as any other similar services that are around.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

• faydra_deon

@Tarei:

I've used them both, and I prefer IWP because it's free for unlimited sites and it does the same things that MWP does.

After the trial period with MWP, you can only manage up to 5 sites free.

I will say that one of the advantages of MWP that doesn't exist in IWP is that you can update plugins and themes while sites are in Maintenance Mode. With IWP, if a site is in MM, it won't be updated.

MWP also doesn't need to be installed, whereas IWP does need to be installed on a domain for use. The install process took me a few minutes, and it worked flawlessly without any troubleshooting or confusion about how to get it going.

IWP is the better choice for me, because I have over 50 of my own WordPress sites and then I maintain sites for clients.

Faydra...

• PC

Wow, that is the question I was waiting for and I see that Faydra has already taken the lead there and covered most of it.

I personally prefer Manage WP a bit over Infinite WP due to it being cloud hosted and IWP being self hosted so the maintenance work increases. Also, a few times I have seen IWP causing a few email notification issues.

Overall, if we talk about pricing and benefits, IWP is free and works great :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• faydra_deon

@Tarei:

With WPMU's Snapshot plugin, I don't have a need for any other backup solution.

I could use the backup solution that's a part of IWP and MWP, but I just dig the heck out of Snapshot.

By the bye, I didn't mention this earlier, but I do use both. I use MWP for the up to five sites that I usually have in Maintenance Mode, and I use IWP for all the others.

When I'm not using all five free slots on MWP for sites in Maintenance Mode, then I use it for client sites, so I can keep them separate from my own sites.

If you haven't already, check out Snapshot: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ It's a beast for backups. It does everything: plugins, themes, content, images, database tables, everything!

Faydra...

• nettiapina

I've got about 40 sites monitored in my InfiniteWP installation. It's working pretty well, although it's far from perfect. Occasionally you try to install plugin updates, but they run and don't actually get installed for some reason. Connection between the site and InfiniteWP may get blocked, and it's a pain to debug. Many of their paid plugins are just an interface to a free service from a 3rd party. The backup plugins are a bit flakey and hard to use, which is why I mostly use BackupBuddy for that purpose. But the free core of InfiniteWP is a good one.

I'll check Snapshot that Faydra mentioned above.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.