Info on why our site is so slow

Hi there,

We are using CoursePress Pro and have had some colplaints from students saying that when they complete their login page the webpage "freezes" and they are not taken to the other courses.

I have noticed this too in my testing the site. We thought buying the Premium Course Press would alleviate this problem but looks like its back.

What could be going wrong?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Erika,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

students saying that when they complete their login page the webpage "freezes" and they are not taken to the other courses.

Do you mean students can't log in to the site?

If yes then it's the recently known issue with the latest version of CoursePress Pro plugin on which we are working to resolve it so in the meantime you can try using older working version of coursepress plugin.

To install older version, delete the present one. then go to: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

Click on the changelog and then click on the version number to download it. You can choose any of previous version. This is link for recent version: https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/229614776_coursepress-1.2.5.7.zip

You will find more information about installing older version of the plugin on the following page.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/downloading-previous-versions-of-plugins-and-themes/

If not then please could you please describe the issue a bit more in detail?

I can see you have granted the support staff access but when i try to access it then it displays the following error message so could you please revoke and regrant the support staff access?

Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash

From the member:

Hey Vinod,

I have tried repeatedly to reply to the thread at your support website with no luck. I am using Firefox but clicking the button simply does not do a thing. I can give "points" and a "thumbs up" but not reply.

So here is the reply to your last message:

I don't believe this is the case because this was happening before we installed the latest version. I got reports late last week of the problem and installed the new version today in hope that that would help.

The whole webaite is slow. Is it because it is housed in a sub domain?

I have revoked and re granted you access. Perhaps there is somethign in the error log you'd be able to see.

Kind regards,
    Erika and the Sprout Team

• Ash

Hello Erika

The issue was with previous version too, but not in all cases. Only a few member reported about this.

I strongly recommend to wait some more time. I just talked to the developer and he found the issue, He is currently working on a fix, and very soon the issue will be resolved.

So, when you get an update notification, please update the plugin and try again. If you still have issue, let me know in reply to this email.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.