Inifinite SEO?!?

What is this? Have you stolen code again and forgot to rebrand it as your own?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi MemiahMatt,

The plugin's been renamed by request actually, other members didn't really like the WPMU DEV SEO name so we've changed that up for them.

As for stolen code, there's a lot of discussion behind that but to be clear, no code was ever stolen (you can't really steal open-source code), but copied from an existing plugin without proper attribution to the developer. It was wrong and the individual responsible did sincerely and publicly apologize for that.

In any case, the plugin's been renamed solely due to request and we're happy to consider such requests from members. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• eseyo
    • Flash Drive

Agree with above - was very surprised with the name change - I thought that my client had logged in and installed some other SEO plugin in an attempt to "be helpful".

fter consideration however, I like the new name - it is certainly better than the old name.

• Shawn
    • The Crimson Coder

As long as you're open to recommendations, I would LOVE IT if the project names, download names and plugin folder names were remotely similar. "Status" vs "quick-status", "Infinite SEO" vs "wpmu-dev-seo", "WPMU DEV Update Notifications" vs "update notifications" vs "wpmudev-updates". This makes it very frustrating to download a package along with several others and find it within the plugins directory structure.

Thanks!

• Memiah
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Shawn I have said the exact same thing before, there is little/no consistency between WPMU Dev plugin naming and folder conventions.

It seems extremely fickle of WPMU Dev to change the entire plugin name and effect some 2000+ (going by downloads) of their customers because of one customers demand. What's even more <strike>hilarious </strike>* concerning, is that it was done without warning/announcement or an entry in the changelog.

There appears to be a trending cowboyism with WPMU Dev, despite presenting themselves as the most professional company ever pre-signup.

As you can see, the "strike" button in the forum editor doesn't work.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for your further feedback everyone, and Shawn, definitely that's something we'll have to consider for clarity.

@MemiahMatt, the change was actually requested mainly in a very busy thread where members were voicing their views on it in abundance. However, I think you're right, this could use a mention in the changelog. We'll see about that.

I've tagged some of the other guys over here to have a look at this thread as well.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.