Initial Calendar Display

CAN I HIDE THE CALENDAR UNTIL A SERVICE TYPE IS SELECTED? If I delete the dummy field "select a service and a provider" it brings up the Calendar for the Anna office (first on the list) but confuses those wanting to sign in to the Dallas calendar

Page: https://securelanedrivingschool.com/store/products/appointment/

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Stephen

I hope you are doing good today.

I want to take a closer look at it by accessing your dashboard. Please grant me support access to the site and temporarily disable the WordFence security plugin as it is limiting the access to the site with respect to geographical region. You can enable the Support access from the WPMU Dashboard plugin. Here are the steps to give the support access.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond to this ticket after you've granted the support access.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Stephen

I hope you are doing good today and thank you for giving me time to look into it and have a closer look.

You can set it, so the calendar requires a service type to be selected before the available slots and timings get displayed by using the following shortcode.

[app_monthly_schedule require_service="1"]

I see that when customers chose this page: https://xyz.com/dps-road-test/ and click on buy now button, they get to https://xyz.com/store/products/appointment/

If you would like to change that to https://xyz.com/make-an-appointment/
    you can change it by editing the Call to Action button link in the edit page section.

Feel free to get back to us here in this thread if you have any doubts or need any help further.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

• Stephen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI thanks...but customers are getting confused because the calendar show up all red and they think there are no open slots for current month and go no farther to select a service first...so question is can the calendar be hidden until they select a service?

• Stephen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK I think I misunderstood....so...I now have his code below for my page and calendar is hidden until a service is selected...now once a service is selected where do I add this code <td>[app_services autorefresh="1"]</td> in the table below to make the real calendar for the selected service appear and maintain formatting? Folks do not seem to understand they need to select a service and then hit the show available times button...the mouse arrow does not hint it is a clickable event....

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my_appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_monthly_schedule require_service="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination month="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• Stephen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK I think I misunderstood....so...I now have his code below for my page and calendar is hidden until a service is selected...now once a service is selected where do I add this code <td>[app_services autorefresh="1"]</td> in the table below to make the real calendar for the selected service appear and maintain formatting? Folks do not seem to understand they need to select a service and then hit the show available times button...the mouse arrow does not hint it is a clickable event....

<table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_my_appointments]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>[app_service_providers]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_monthly_schedule require_service="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_pagination month="1"]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_login]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_confirmation]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">[app_paypal]</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Stephen

I hope you are doing good today. It took me longer to get back to you here.

Let me take this step by step to make it easier for you to work. To suffice the first thing that the members may be confused while selecting the service, you can add a line of instruction on how the form works through. The structure itself is very self-explanatory.

Now moving to the second question on using the auto-refresh option, you can use a custom shortcode that would check if the service id is selected. The following is the custom shortcode:

add_shortcode( 'app_select_switch', function(){

if ( ! isset( $_GET['app_service_id'] ) ) {
            return do_shortcode( '[app_services autorefresh="1"]' );
        }

return do_shortcode('
            [app_my_appointments]
            [app_services autorefresh="1"]
            [app_monthly_schedule require_service="1"]
            [app_pagination month="1"]
            [app_login]
            [app_confirmation]
            [app_paypal]
        ');

} );

Paste the above code in the active themes functions file and save the changes. You can do this by accessing your server using FTP. The theme folder is placed in the wp-content/themes section.

Once you paste this code, use the shortcode [app_select_switch] on the appointments page, and that will do the work of auto-refreshing the calendar when service is changed as well as display calendar only on service selection.

Hope this works for you. If you have any doubt or need any further help, feel free to post back in this thread.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

• Stephen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you that is very helpful....now if I wanted to add a sentence for additional instructions on the page where can I do this:

To suffice the first thing that the members may be confused while selecting the service, you can add a line of instruction on how the form works through.

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello Stephen

You are welcome.
    Instructions can directly be written in the body area where you paste the shortcodes on the appointments page.

You can write the instructions as shown below:

Here is how it looks on the page:

Hope this helps you. Feel free to get back to us here if you have a doubt or need help further.

Regards,
    Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.