Initial position of the floating box

This is not a great problem, but I would like to fix it. I have installed the Floating Social plugin and configured the floating box for appearing on the top right of the page. OK, no problems, it will be appearing on the top right but at first it is being loading on the left side over the content and, when finishes loading, jumps to the correct position. Would be a way to avoid this kind of "jump" behavior?
The address is here: http://renatogutierrez.wspt.com.br/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings marcelo_rocha,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

I admit I checked your site a couple of times in both Firefox and IE9 and the screen just flashed and the page was up with the bar on the right.

I tried to slow our network down into slow motion reducing the bandwidth and it appears that the bars forms long enough on the left side until the item in which it is using to guide its orientation forms (it appears to be the text) up to take its proper place on the page.

I will see what the lead developer thinks about this phenomenon. Therefore I will see if I can get him in here asap with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• marcelo_rocha

Hello, Joe.
    Yes, I agree this is not so relevant as at final the floating box stay at the right place but is some kind of behavior that bores a little. I was trying some solutions to avoid it and I think I've found. Of course I don't know why this happens but when I applied another start position for the box this will be made far from our vision and don't call the attention anymore. Please take a look at this test I've made in a test site:
    http://renatogutierrez-test.wspt.com.br/
    In this test site I have applied the following rule:
    #wdsb-share-box {
    right: 10000px;
    }
    The floating box is built up out of screen and then moved to the final position. Well, this is not a solution but a workaround...

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings marcelo_rocha,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated as is your work around.

I did indeed visit your test site and the screen just flashed and all is well.

As you mentioned this is a work around and not a solution, but what is strange is that for whatever reason I cannot reproduce the issue:
    http://webhostingvirtualdedicatedservers.com/

Do you see any issue there? I have made no special considerations on that site.

So at this point I am beginning to think that this may be a theme related/specific issue since I cannot replicate it on the production site above nor my test sites.

What is the name of the theme you are using?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• marcelo_rocha

Hi, Joe.
    Yes, I was really thinking that this could be related to the theme's code and I forgot to mention before, sorry. The theme I'm using for that site is called vCard, by SiteOrigin (I always kept the author's link at the bottom right of the pages). After sent you my last message I stayed wondering if this behavior could be some compatibility issue with the theme's code and I think this is the answer for our subtle problem.
    I went to your site and the plugin is really working nicely there (by the way, which is the theme are you using in your site? I liked the slider also, it's part of the theme?)

Thank you very much for your very cool attention! :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Marcelo,

That theme is titled BusinessPlus from Theme Junkie

I have built several sites using Theme Junkie themes and WPMU Dev plugins to date that I have tried all seem to integrate very smoothly within.

So much that I pitch Theme Junkie themes on our WPMU Hosting site - you can see the banner in the content but also this demo's the WPMU Dev Blogs MU theme too :slight_smile: though neither of those sites are completed yet.

Yes the slider comes with the Business Plus theme, it is not a separate integration.

Thank you for the great conversation and your valuable participation.

Cheers, Joe

• marcelo_rocha

Cool, Joe!
    I went to the Theme Junkie and it is a cool source for beautiful themes indeed. As you can see I'm new at WPMU DEV and just started to explore the cool things we have here but have bookmarked the Theme Junkie site as we're always in need of some resources when developing sites for our clients (thanks!).
    Interesting your hosting services. I'll be taking a closer look at there after and probably will be contacting you about when needed. :slight_smile:
    Thanks again for your very cool attention!

• aecnu

Greetings Marcelo,

Thank you for your comments and participation as well, and of course for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

In all honesty I was not trying to point you in the direction of hosting but I did want to give you examples of the Floating Social in action and of course I appreciate your attention to details.

Did you still want me to try to direct the lead developer in here concerning this issue?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• marcelo_rocha

Hello, once more, Joe.
    Don't worry, I know you only was giving me an example but I normally pay attention on the sites I access and it's nice to know a good multisite hosting as I have planning to develop some of them in the near future.
    I think we can close this topic as am really convinced that this was some incompatibility with the theme's code even because I've managed to solve what bothered me on the page. What I have to say is thank you for your consideration and interest in the discussion I started here.

Best regards,
    Marcelo Rocha.

• marcelo_rocha

Hello, Joe.
    I know this topic is just resolved but I'd like to tell you that have found out why the Floating Social box was behaving in that way ("jumping" from an initial position to the one defined in the options): this was not caused by the code of the vCard template (I have to be fair with him) but was due a CSS rule I applied to center the elements inside the box. The rule is as following:
    #wdsb-share-box {
    display: table !important;
    text-align: center !important;
    }
    As you can see I had changed the display property for the box hence the strange behavior. Sorry for that but I only realized this weekend when was testing another site here... :slight_smile:
    Sorry for taking your time but thank you very much for your attention to that issue...

• marcelo_rocha

Hello, Joe.
    Thank you very much. I really appreciate your comment but I don't know if I deserved that as I caused the problem by myself... :slight_smile:
    The most interest I have is to make the things work for me here and share my results and experiences with you there. I started a new project of building websites and decided for using your stuff and am really very happy with the attention and seriousness all of you give to us. I'm very impressed mainly after some drawbacks I faced before with other websites where didn't find nothing close to what am having here at WPMU DEV. Sincerely.

Best regards,
    Marcelo Rocha.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.