Initial Site Setup from Prosites - changing defaults and text

The application that I am developing is not about site hosting. So, I would like to change some of the text from using the "site" language to my app language. Also, I would like to set no search engine indexing by default to no and not give the user a chance to change it or even see the option.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I am also running the multisite site privacy plugin.

It would also be nice in this app case to make the sitename the same as the user name and require a longer user name ideally taken from concatenating the users first and last name.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

• Jude

Hi there @Tom

So, I would like to change some of the text from using the "site" language to my app language

The plugin is fully translatable and includes a .po file so you can modify any text strings you need.

The language file is located in pro-sites/pro-sites-files/languages
    You can use a program like PoEdit to translate: http://www.poedit.net/
    Or try an online service like http://translate.google.com/toolkit/

What is the best way to accomplish this? I am also running the multisite site privacy plugin.

The best way to do this is run a script that turns this option off on all sites across the network and set that up as a cron job.

It would also be nice in this app case to make the sitename the same as the user name and require a longer user name ideally taken from concatenating the users first and last name.

This is not possible currently, I can take a feature request if you want.

I hope this helps!

• Tom

Thank you very much for the help.

I wasn't clear with my language question. Currently the application is in english only.

I was wondering if there is a good way to change language like

Activate your site

to

Activate WriteBoost

which is more of an app than a site.

Is there a clean place to change it where plugin updates won't overwrite? Or maybe I should just make changes like that with some javascript?

Tom

I do think some additional options on site name would be a nice feature.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Tom,

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

You can use translation files to change specific text in plugin regardless of the language that you're using. You can use the .pot file which is located in the plugin language folder and make the changes to the words you'd like the change and save them with English extension (en_US) which will be used if you're language is set to English (US) in general settings in your admin.

As for your site name suggestion I'll move this thread to features and feedback so other members can vote on it and if it proves to be popular we'll consider adding that into future versions of the plugin.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.