Inner pages not editable and/or saving

Hi,

I have granted support so you can see it. I actually chatted with someone a week ago and after waiting a very long time, I left and the person said they would email me with an answer.

A week later; no email.

On this site, I am having a problem with the inner pages on Upfront.

I am trying to add the global region, absolute AND the global region, main menu. I was able to do it on most of the pages, but for some reason, not on Sushi or Beverages.

It just hangs up and says it’s saving, but never actually goes anywhere. It just hangs up. I have tried it several times, several different ways and can’t get them in there.

Please take a look.

Thanks,

Chris

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Chris !

Hope you are having a great day!

I’m sorry about the matter that you had to wait for the email for such long time, something must have messed up and got missed.

I ran some tests on your site and found some weird results. I was able to replicate the issue on your site, but not every time. Here’s a screenshot as a reference that adding the specified Global Regions actually worked:

But, I didn’t stop the test at once and tried adding it for a couple more times. At points, it was stuck and reported the following error in the browser console:

I have the following suggestions for you:

1. max_execution_time: I can see the max_execution_time is set as 30 which is very less. I’d suggest increasing it to a value of at least 300. You can contact your host who can increase it for you or you may try following this guide to do it yourself.

2. WP Memory Limit: WP Memory Limit is set as 40 whereas your server allows a value of 256. I’d suggest turning the value to 256. Adding the following line to the wp-config.php file should work for you:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);

Note: Please make sure you add this line before /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */. The same guide also includes the instructions for this process.

3. Plugin Conflict Test: This also can be a reason of a different plugin conflicting with Upfront. So, I’d suggest you to perform a plugin conflict test to make sure that is not the case here. This flowchart will help you go through this process.

4. Enabling Debugging: Enabling Debugging may help us reveal the source of these console errors. To enable debug, please take a look at this handy guide.

Note: Please upload the generated debug.log file to a cloud storage service like Dropbox and share the link in your next response.

Hope this helps. I’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Best,

Nahid

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The only one that I was able to do was increase the WP Memory Limit through the config file. That seemed to be enough to do the trick.

Both pages are updated and good now. It still took FOREVER for them to save, but they did save.

Thanks for the help!

Chris

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Chris !

Hope you are doing well today!

I’m glad to hear that the issue is improving. I hope it saves well now. It seems the links in my previous response didn’t get posted for some reason, sorry about that. However, I’ve edited my response and added the links back to it. Those should work well now.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best,

Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.