insert adsense code

I've installed the ad sharing.. and easy ads.. on the network.

Can each individual blog/node install their "own" adsense code?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi amul,

They don't, actually. Ad Sharing requires settings to be administered at the network level since it's splitting revenue, and Simple Ads is made specifically for use on Multisite networks to force ads to display on sub-sites.

These particular plugins aren't meant to be altered on a site-by-site basis, but there's a great array of ad plugins already available for free at the WordPress repository, like the following as an example.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smart-ads/

Hope this helps!

-David

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Mmm, I believe that Ad Sharing does indeed allow individual blogs to enter their own AdSense code. Yes, the Super Admin sets the sharing ratio. But sub-site admins can also enter their code for the sharing slots that go to them. And, if the Super Admin doesn't enter any AdSense code, the sharing goes 100% to the sub-sites...in other words, each sub-site only displays its own ads, and there are no Super Admin ads mixed in.

At least this is how I've always understood it, and how it seems to work in our testing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mark,

You're completely right, of course, many thanks for that clarification! I normally double check everything using test sites (sort of have to with 100+ plugins) but I really thought I remembered this one correctly! Really am glad you caught that.

@amul, I stand corrected and hopefully it's very much in your favor as your sub-site admins can enter their own ad code. Sorry if I'd misguided you on it, but hoping Ad Sharing works out well for your use!

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.