insert Site Title on privacy policy and add them to global footer

Hi, I have several subdomains on a multisite installation. I want to be able to create one Privacy Policy page and have a different "Site Title" for the corresponding subdomain.

example, Privacy Policy for "subdomain1", Privacy Policy for "subdomain2"

What is the code to put on the page? Privacy Policy for [Site Title]...? and then how would I add that to the global footer plugin?

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings inboxi,

To start with the site title can be passed by using a command within bloginfo() i.e.:
    <?php bloginfo(’name’); ?>

What is the code to put on the page? Privacy Policy for [Site Title]...? and then how would I add that to the global footer plugin?

<a href="http://mydomain.com/privacypolicy.php">Privacy Policy for
    </a>

Copy and Paste.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• New Recruit

Thanks for the quick response.

This code didnt work for global footer plugin or a theme footer.php. The "bloginfo" didnt show up, but the link was available eg. Privacy Policy for

Do you know of a plugin to create php pages? And is there a plugin to create custom footers based on site title (bloginfo)?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings inboxi,

Hi, any assistance? I tried creating a new page and inserting the code but the page is empty.

I apologize for not thinking about the fact that php cannot be normally executed within pages or posts in WordPress, that it needs a helper.

I do not know where you made the page but it must be in the php loop to work making it difficult to use in the regular page or post unless it is told to specifically allow php within something like Shortcode Exec PHP plugin

However, I am going to ask the lead developer of the Global Footer Content plugin to please come in here and offer us some advice to accomplish this that will certainly be more authoritative and hopefully easier to implement.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi inboxi,

Joe's suggestion for the Exec PHP plugin is a good one and might do the trick. I've used it on a few sites and it works just fine in pages and posts as long as you're not using the Visual Editor on those pages or posts.

Will it work for the Global Footer plugin? Don't know, but it's definitely worth a shot!

:slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings inboxi,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.